• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Thanks for all of your work in setting up for the shoot, especially for the shade and water at each stage.
    Brutal hot day. Tried to make stage stays as comfortable as possible. Shooters were huddled under the canopies like African lions shading under the wing of an airplane(understandably so). Match cleanup included dumping the water coolers. There wasn't much water left in the coolers. Thanks for choosing SC for your match destination. We had a great time even though the heat was affecting everyone. Hope to see you next month. Good luck to everyone competing in the Ind. Section Championship. Make sure and Thank Steve Wright, Matt Dennis and the WVPPS/Riley crew for their hard work bringing the match to fruition.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    After I turned them off and back on they were fine.

I will say this, 2 of the Kindles that had a dim screen, when they were turned over to us, they were very, very hot. As if they had been in the sun.

I'm going to contact Amazon about it and see if anyone else has reported that problem.

Had the exact same problem at a match today. Everything was good till the last squad and the peak temperature part of the day, then the screen faded out so much that you could not see it unless you were in the shade, screen was fine after the match in a cool room. Luckily our r.o. could yell scores loud enough to be heard across state lines.

I think maybe;
    1. We turn brightness to maximum to make the screens easy to read in the sunlight.
    2. At maximum brightness the things heat up worse internally, add a high outdoor temperature & they sometimes get too hot.

I'm guessing, but perhaps if we didn't turn brightness up more than absolutely neccessary, maybe 75% instead of 100% , perhaps that would avoid the problem sometimes?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Had the exact same problem at a match today. Everything was good till the last squad and the peak temperature part of the day, then the screen faded out so much that you could not see it unless you were in the shade, screen was fine after the match in a cool room. Luckily our r.o. could yell scores loud enough to be heard across state lines.

I think maybe;
    1. We turn brightness to maximum to make the screens easy to read in the sunlight.
    2. At maximum brightness the things heat up worse internally, add a high outdoor temperature & they sometimes get too hot.

I'm guessing, but perhaps if we didn't turn brightness up more than absolutely neccessary, maybe 75% instead of 100% , perhaps that would avoid the problem sometimes?

Umbrella hats for Kindle operators? :D

51cXhVS4wKL._SX425_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Luwint-Diame...8&qid=1466311162&sr=8-5&keywords=umbrella+hat

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Tried backing down the screen brightness from 100% to about 80% yesterday, you could still see the screen tolerably well in the sun and very well in the shade. The outside temperature was a little higher, battery held up better and did not have any issues with the screen fading toward the end of the day.

Just one data point, but for what it is worth.

colt22man

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    Tried backing down the screen brightness from 100% to about 80% yesterday, you could still see the screen tolerably well in the sun and very well in the shade. The outside temperature was a little higher, battery held up better and did not have any issues with the screen fading toward the end of the day.

Just one data point, but for what it is worth.
    good info... thanks

Top Bottom