• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    An example to illustrate this concept is – malfunction clearance.

Some teach a diagnostic approach (i.e. you determine the type of stoppage, then execute the appropriate clearance technique).

Others teach a non-diagnostic approach (i.e. you execute the SAME clearance protocol regardless of the stoppage).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I will also add that what is "simple" to many...

Wasn't always so. Tap, rack, bang....while moving?

Sure - sounds simple. Until you do it the first time, or the first 20 times, in front of an audience.

Even simple requires practice.

Correspondingly, simple doesn't always equal effective.

For me in life, I try to look for the simplest effective way to accomplish a "thing".

Isn't this, essentially, manufacturing's "lean" philosophy being applied to other avenues of life?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I thought this was a particularly good article from Gabe.

There are many factors to consider with any technique-- like speed, efficiency, reliability, effectiveness, repeatability, etc. Often what sparks the most debate is how we prioritize those factors. Some put speed at the top, while some take it a step further and suggest efficiency as the reigning principle. For me personally, I put "efficiency under stress" at the top of my list. That means the technique should be in its simplest form, and it should be able to withstand the pressure of physical and physiological stress. If it's overly complicated and I can't do it under the stress of FoF, then I'll move on to something else (even if that technique was faster).

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I went on that guy's forum once and found a class "AAR" of what appeared to be a bunch of wierdo's in a 3rd string ranger school pretending to be GI Joe somehwere in Montana.

He's also another guy teaching shooting(I said "shooting" to **** off all the pretentious "GUNFYGHTERS" out there) from the stand point that you will always be unaware and behind the curve.

This has bred a thought that everyone must be trained to the lowest common denominator, instead of training UP to a standard that will allow you to thrive, and doing it until it's your default. I might start calling it BetaShooting .

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I went on that guy's forum once and found a class "AAR" of what appeared to be a bunch of wierdo's in a 3rd string ranger school pretending to be GI Joe somehwere in Montana.

He's also another guy teaching shooting(I said "shooting" to **** off all the pretentious "GUNFYGHTERS" out there) from the stand point that you will always be unaware and behind the curve.

This has bred a thought that everyone must be trained to the lowest common denominator, instead of training UP to a standard that will allow you to thrive, and doing it until it's your default. I might start calling it BetaShooting .

So - what is the name and URL of the High Speed / Low Drag training program that you run?

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis

Hahahahahahaha...full of win...:facepalm:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    So - what is the name and URL of the High Speed / Low Drag training program that you run?

You lost me at "program". Marketing is very sexy if you are searching for high yuotube hits and fans who ask you want pants you are "running".

Most of his posts on INGO are critical in nature, with no real content of their own. He may actually know quite a bit, but we'll never know because he's too busy putting others down.

Do you still take classes with yeagerbombs?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You lost me at "program". Marketing is very sexy if you are searching for high yuotube hits and fans who ask you want pants you are "running".

Do you still take classes with yeagerbombs?

See what I mean guys? Now taking bets on whose shill account it is.

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    You are using phrasing that is very leading, like somehow being critical is negative.

My content was in my post but you are lacking some reading comp skills so I will hold your hand and explain.
    I went on that guy's forum once and found a class "AAR" of what appeared to be a bunch of wierdo's in a 3rd string ranger school pretending to be GI Joe somehwere in Montana
    See kids, what this means is, a instructor could do a lot of things right, but the company one keeps could ruin it for potential customers. I really don't want to pay for and be associated with someone who conducts training for grown ups to live out their prepper Mad Max fantasies. An other example of association:when James Yeager tells the world via youtube he's gonna start shooting people and gets his carry permit revoked.

Also, do a quick google on my screen name and then tell me how much of a shill I am.

http://doodieproject.invisionzone.com/index.php?/user/24-theblackknight/
    M4Carbine.net Forums
    Total Protection Interactive

They gave me a deal on my M&P 9mm back in april....
    ETC ETC

I clearly posted here in '08 as part of some grand plan to undermine terktical instructors in 2013, and I would have got away with it too! :p

Last edited:

theblackknight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Wow, you are so far off with that.

Specifically the Modern Technique relies heavily of being alert. In the modern world that is not always possible, and we know that while we try to be thus, the distractions of modern life will impede our incessant "Yellow". We differ in that we understand the natural inclination, as well as the fact that if one is alert, he will often avoid/evade most problems.

Gunfighting is for when you were taken by surprise and so a strong reactive understanding is essential. So MT is proactive, which I do not think happens as much. We do not ignore it, but we do not fixate on it either. Our system begins at reactive since that is where most lone operators will be when they realize they need to kill the other man.

Contrast this with someone like Kyle Defoor, who states that "we" must always be the "feeder" all the time, even when reacting to a future"reciever".

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    You are using phrasing that is very leading, like somehow being critical is negative.

My content was in my post but you are lacking some reading comp skills so I will hold your hand and explain.

See kids, what this means is, a instructor could do a lot of things right, but the company one keeps could ruin it for potential customers. I really don't want to pay for and be associated with someone who conducts training for grown ups to live out their prepper Mad Max fantasies. An other example of association:when James Yeager tells the world via youtube he's gonna start shooting people and gets his carry permit revoked.

Also, do a quick google on my screen name and then tell me how much of a shill I am.

http://doodieproject.invisionzone.com/index.php?/user/24-theblackknight/
    M4Carbine.net Forums
    Total Protection Interactive

They gave me a deal on my M&P 9mm back in april....
    ETC ETC

I clearly posted here in '08 as part of some grand plan to undermine terktical instructors in 2013, and I would have got away with it too! :p

I was not able to view any of those links because I am not a member of those forums. I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't care so much who you criticize. I am curious about your background though. Rather than posting links to your posts on other forums, can you tell us about your background and experience which makes you specially qualified to comment?

Also, don't take this as me calling you out. I am not. I am just familiar with the other poster's backgrounds but not yours. Thanks.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't really have any constructive comments. Other then I read what Gabe had to say. But for some reason I want to pull up a chair and watch.

Top Bottom