Since we are not supposed to do any bashing in the classifieds....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Glock 36 "SAFE QUEEN", M&P 45 "SAFE QUEEN"... I look at safe queen as being reserved for the elite, best of the best, top notch fire arms. Certainly not use for plastic guns priced in the $400 range. How about like new in box.
    I know I'm gonna catch some flack for this but does anyone else feel the same?

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Well, it all depends on how you look at it. That $400 "safe queen" might not be much to someone with a lot of money but to the person who worked hard, scrimped and saved, that $400 plastic gun means a lot.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't. I thought it was short for, "A gun that is never used or carried and is only taking up room in the safe, so I'm selling it to get something else."

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I always thought of it as meaning that it just doesn't get out much, not a statement about its worth.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I always thought of it as meaning that it just doesn't get out much, not a statement about its worth.

Yeah, I thought the term that described worth and pristine appearance was "bar-b-que gun"? If that's the case, I guess a M&P would never be a bar-b-que gun, but it could be a safe queen.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    To me Safe Queen = Low Mileage, it's like Garage Queen, that car that doesn't see snow or rain, but still gets driven on 4th of July. It's not like new in box if it's a 10 year safe queen, but it's probably been cleaned more than it's been shot; like new in box to me means never shot or taken to the range once and has not a single scratch or visible wear, no signs of any holster wear, looks new. Collectors item is something entirely different. Collectors items and custom guns are often safe queens, but a safe queen need not be a collectors item or custom gun.

But hey all of that is why folks include photos and descriptions for folks to read after they hit the title on the thread!

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    "A gun that is never used or carried and is only taking up room in the safe, so I'm selling it to get something else." - that is pretty much was what I take it to mean as well.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Wallflower?

Like others have posted, I have always thought it meant a gun that had been lying around in the back of the safe or in a box or something because the owner had something else they preferred to shoot. :dunno:

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I agree with Que, Always took it to mean a gun taking space that never got used much an looking to sell or trade for something that might get used more

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I don't. I thought it was short for, "A gun that is never used or carried and is only taking up room in the safe, so I'm selling it to get something else."

Yep, that's the way I figure it also. I don't really think it has anything to do with how much it costs.

Top Bottom