Since when are drivers not allowed to rumble?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not me but my son did. Fist fights every week I attended.

We ran our USAC midget there occasionally depending on the show. Our Autocraft was competitive there against the Cosworth's and Iron dukes. If we did our part the car was easy mid-field and if we really stood on it top 5 was achievable. Leading there was a trip because #2 wanted to be #1. Using your rear nerf bar to brake for the corner usually punted you out of the line so an inside pass was easy enough. After a few of these especially in a transfer heat one becomes irritated and ready to push one's fist down someones pie hole after the checker.

I will neither confirm nor deny that this ever happened in the general proximity of our car in the pits. But I will say it is a smart decision to leave your helmet on for a bit after you get out of the car. And get out right away.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been to lots of race tracks, watched many races, seen plenty of tempers flare, lots of cars wrecked intentionally, numerous fights between drivers / drivers and crews/ fans in the stands, seen drivers leave in cuffs even but I have never seen a cop have to tazer a driver on the track...worth the price of admission. Lol. This type of stuff happens at tracks almost weekly all across the country. Not condoning it but not shocked at all. I have always avoided the fights but have been really close to mixing it up a few times.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Seriously though, short track local racing is always going to have tempers rolling. It just surprised me that the man was tazed. The other guy was in a defenseless position so maybe the officer was protecting him. Just haven't seen it play out like that before.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Worked a short track a few times as a rent a cop. All fun and games till the pit crews started going after each other with screwdrivers and hammers. Since it was in Wackyfornia , you figure they would of just smoked it out and chilled.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Anderson Speedway. Was called sun valley speedway back in the day. 1/4 mile high banked track. Place was a every Saturday night event during my youth. Dad made high rise manifolds for several drivers. Delco remy and guide lamp were still employing people back then and there was money to be made at that track. The stands were always full. Most of the fights were kept in the pits and one could just walk into the pit area after the races.

That looks like what was called the red white and blue figure eight race qualifiers race. A three race mini series (100 lap feature) where prizes are bonuses over the series of races. M&M automotive used to run a tricked out corvette in those races in the 1980’s. That corvette was kick buttocks over everything else in braking and acceleration on the figure 8 track. Saw dick trickle and several mid level famous drivers show up at that track in the day. Even saw them let dicks car pass inspection for weight when it was not heavy enough. They needed the name to boost attendance.

We we still go about once a year but the track is not what it once was and it never was much. It is a trip back in time so come on over to Madison county and catch a race.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Anderson Speedway. Was called sun valley speedway back in the day. 1/4 mile high banked track. Place was a every Saturday night event during my youth. Dad made high rise manifolds for several drivers. Delco remy and guide lamp were still employing people back then and there was money to be made at that track. The stands were always full. Most of the fights were kept in the pits and one could just walk into the pit area after the races.

That looks like what was called the red white and blue figure eight race qualifiers race. A three race mini series (100 lap feature) where prizes are bonuses over the series of races. M&M automotive used to run a tricked out corvette in those races in the 1980’s. That corvette was kick buttocks over everything else in braking and acceleration on the figure 8 track. Saw dick trickle and several mid level famous drivers show up at that track in the day. Even saw them let dicks car pass inspection for weight when it was not heavy enough. They needed the name to boost attendance.

We we still go about once a year but the track is not what it once was and it never was much. It is a trip back in time so come on over to Madison county and catch a race.

We ran the Midgets there several times. My best friend launched up the bank from low groove and teetered on top of the fence before the car came back to earth with some serious force. Rang his bell real good. He will say he occasionally still answers the phone and no one is on the other end. Swears he heard it ringing...:):

Top Bottom