• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I had always heard of Sinclair growing up in rural carolina. Come to find out its now almost in my back yard. Does anyone know if they have a show room or at least a walk up window to avoid hazmat shipping fees for stuff across town?

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    You are just a few months too late. This summer Sinclair International shut down the warehouse and pickup window then moved the warehouse to Montezuma, Iowa since Sinclair International was purchased by Brownell’s and this is where Brownell’s has their warehouse. Yes, it was nice to get primers and powder from the New Haven location and avoid the hazmat fee. There are still a great bunch of people at the New Haven location working the phones and giving out tech support for all the items Sinclair sells.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'd be happy to help you out with Hazmats if you get near Indy anytime. I make it up to Layfayette about twice a month. I also teach reloading classes, so if someone invited me up to FW to teach a class or two, I could make it work. :)

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I buy supplies from Hillside and they arent bad. I can vouch that they are cheaper than 21rst Century for reloading. Hillside just lowered their prices on primers, reasonable if you only want 1k at a time. They lower prices even more if you buy at least 5k. They arent internet prices but not unreasonable. I just picked up 500 Nosler 155 gr hollowpoints for .40 cal for $64.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Powder and primers can be found at Gander Mountain too. The prices aren't nearly as bad as some of there other stuff and it sure beats paying hazmat. Other than that 21st or Tomlinsons are the places to go.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Powder and primers can be found at Gander Mountain too. The prices aren't nearly as bad as some of there other stuff and it sure beats paying hazmat. Other than that 21st or Tomlinsons are the places to go.

Really? You like paying 2-3 bucks more a pound for powder? 21rst was almost 3 bucks a pound more than Hillside last time I checked. 21rst century was almost 4 bucks more per thousand also on primers.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really? You like paying 2-3 bucks more a pound for powder? 21rst was almost 3 bucks a pound more than Hillside last time I checked. 21rst century was almost 4 bucks more per thousand also on primers.

From what I paid for primers and powder at the last Ft. Wayne gunshow from Hillside, I would agree with your comment on price. I just wasn't aware if the price I paid was Hillsides " show price" or what... thanks for the info. I will need to check them out.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    From what I paid for primers and powder at the last Ft. Wayne gunshow from Hillside, I would agree with your comment on price. I just wasn't aware if the price I paid was Hillsides " show price" or what... thanks for the info. I will need to check them out.

Was Hillside the tables in the center back with lots of powder? I notice their 4lb Unique was a bit less than last time.

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne

I don't mind paying that when I am only looking for 1 lb of powder and it would cost me more money to drive to Roanoke than I would save buying powder there. Price for 1000 Federal 210M primers at Gander Mt was around $27. That is better than most places online. I normally would not recommend Gander for anything, but their prices are reasonable to good on powder and primers.

Top Bottom