• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Wearing a mask protects your community from YOU if you are asymptomatic positive. My mask protects you, your mask protects me.

Yep. It's a lot like the gun safety rules; they are more for the safety of everyone else around than they are for the shooter himself.

We don't get mad about those "inconveniences" because we are good at imagining the outcome if we don't. It's harder to imagine the guy I don't know who stood in front of me at the checkout at Walmart dying because his immune system handles this coronavirus worse than mine does.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep. It's a lot like the gun safety rules; they are more for the safety of everyone else around than they are for the shooter himself.

We don't get mad about those "inconveniences" because we are good at imagining the outcome if we don't. It's harder to imagine the guy I don't know who stood in front of me at the checkout at Walmart dying because his immune system handles this coronavirus worse than mine does.

And that statement applies to hundreds of things you could be breathing on other people your whole life. What is different now?

Everytime any of us visit the elderly and infirm we just may be a carrier of the entity that kills them. It is a stark reality that we accept as an invisible part of life until now, for some inexplicable reason. Why was H1N1 not thought of this way?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Not different. Just the latest. Unlikely to be significantly worse than H1N1 unless it changes dramatically...

It's unlikely to have significantly different outcomes. But a whole lot of remediation has gone into getting SARS-CoV-2 down to H1N1 outcomes.

And the incubation period for H1N1 is about 2 days. This new coronavirus is somewhere between 5 and 14 days.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Watched middle/high school kids get all right next to each other today. They stopped and talked on the trail behind our house. Could tell they had not seen each other in quite a while. So they went to one of their houses.

Why the heck are we doing all this if parents are not enforcing it w their kids????

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    Watched middle/high school kids get all right next to each other today. They stopped and talked on the trail behind our house. Could tell they had not seen each other in quite a while. So they went to one of their houses.

Why the heck are we doing all this if parents are not enforcing it w their kids????
    1. I am. It sucks yelling at the neighbor kids to "get off my lawn" but both houses have at-risk little ones.

2. We aren't "all" doing this (unfortunately). Some people are ignorant. That applies generally across all age ranges. So I would respectfully posit the argument doesn't really stand as given.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    1. I am. It sucks yelling at the neighbor kids to "get off my lawn" but both houses have at-risk little ones.

2. We aren't "all" doing this. Some people are ignorant. That applies generally across all age ranges. So I would respectfully posit the argument doesn't really stand as given.

we are too. The path is far enough away we were ok. ESP w the wind blowing toward them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am noticing a general relaxing of the quarantine. I think people are just sick of it. I'm seeing more cars on the road, more people on the street and in the stores... they're just done. Truth be told, I am too, but I can't afford to get careless. My mom just turned 87 today, and I have my own health issues that put me at risk.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I am noticing a general relaxing of the quarantine. I think people are just sick of it. I'm seeing more cars on the road, more people on the street and in the stores... they're just done. Truth be told, I am too, but I can't afford to get careless. My mom just turned 87 today, and I have my own health issues that put me at risk.
    Happy birthday to your mom Snap! My mom turned 98 yesterday. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Happy birthday to her! My mom and dad would have been 90 this year.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This has been the healthiest winter and spring of my life so far. The stay at home thing has me well rested, which is normally rare. Looking forward to civil unrest again but sure to be disappointed again.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

2. We aren't "all" doing this (unfortunately). Some people are tired of the BS. That applies generally across all age ranges. So I would respectfully posit the argument doesn't really stand as given.

The name calling is a bit much, you do you, but it shouldn’t be forced on everyone.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    The name calling is a bit much, you do you, but it shouldn’t be forced on everyone.
    I intended the dictionary definition as opposed to the casual usage. And I'll stand by that.

i.e.
    lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

More the former than the latter.

Top Bottom