• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesposito54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    From northeast Marion county. Other than Meijer and Target being out of most things that we like, it has been relatively calm and quiet. I work for an engineering firm in Fishers and we’ve been running 50+ hours a week. I have noticed a sharp reduction in morning traffic though, which is nice. My coworkers and I have also noticed an uptick in National Guard helicopters the last couple days as well. There were rumors of military vehicles coming and going out of Fort Harrison but I can’t confirm.

My folks, on the other hand, had to take my dad to a hospital in Cincinnati because my dad broke his hip. They wouldn’t let my mom in to see him except for 15 minutes following the surgery. He’s supposed to come home in a couple days but it’s kind of freaky him being in there. I hope they are keeping up with their sanitation. I don’t want my folks sick and their place is my primary bug out location.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm. Stay home with no money or go to work as a protected job status with built-in social distancing.

I mean, my wife wants me home, but I'm still at the firehouse on the ambulance today because that's what has to happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We are rolling south to install a Furnace/AC system for a good friend and Ingo member today. SIL is with me. That leaves the woman and kids at home. They are fine with it. No real fear in our absence as we have the preps and mind set to be independent. Granted we are next door to each other so that is a plus but also by design.

As it stands this is not TEOTWAWKI disaster yet so we all just need to flow with the situation. If not we put un-needed stress on the little ones. They are emotional barometers believe me. I worry over the little ones. They are aware that things are not normal right now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back from Kroger. It's pretty wiped out but I saw a truck pulling in as I got there, so they're trying to keep up. Got everything I went to get (deodorant, vitamin c packets, something for lunch, and a couple other things). Not gonna make a second run today.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My son works for the Bedford Walmart in the tire and lube garage. He said they were shutting down that part and putting them to work in the rest of the store.

I just noticed today, my grass is going to need its first mowing in a week or so.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I work right across the street from Roche Diagnostics on the NE side of Indy. As of Thursday, they had positioned concrete barricades at all the entrances to their campus. Just staged. Not in place. But ominously positioned.

Then, as of Friday, they were setting up big white tents in their back parking lot. Looked like it might be for a drive thru testing facility.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I guess that is true about the money especially if they temporarily changed laws etc to keep them running. I think people did want to stay home I think people are scared.

I guess I just see the supply chain as fragile. Lots of moving parts that all have to be in line in order to function as a whole.
    You're not wrong here, to some extent it is fragile. They didn't need to change any laws, there's been no laws made, just a suggestion to stay home.

Getting those freaking retarded 4 wheeler drivers off the road can make the supply chain as safe as anything else.

Let 'em roll boys!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Went to two small, local butcher shops. Both have been consistently stocked. First one had a line of 30+ people waiting to get in at opening time. No frozen ground beef. Plenty of fresh but I didn't want to wait. Second one had no ground beef. Went to a third and they had all the ground beef you could want. No limit and on sale for $3.29/pound.

Martin's supermarket in Nappanee wasn't too busy. Well stocked, but had limits on about everything.

Way too many in the store from what would be considered the most at risk age groups. I would encourage people to help any old farts they may know to wrap their minds around online ordering and grocery pickup. There was only a single car in the pick up line this morning occupied by a smart old fart on oxygen.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    we eat in the car so I feel for them.

my partners and I have been taking turns bringing lunch for our group. This coming week we have some pretty good stuff lined up. I know when it’s my turn I’m making pulled pork, and then braised pork loin if I get a second turn. For whatever reason, pork is plentiful and cheap when everything else is gone.
    How many guy do you have to feed?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    right now it’s just 5 of us... myself, the other three guys from my beat, and my trainee. The plus is we are pretty much the only like-minded old farts on my shift, surrounded by young newer dudes.
    That's good. I bet those young guys feel a lot better having you guys around them especially now. They will perform better because of it.
    Be safe out there and thank you and your guys for what you do.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I dunno about corrupting the youth. My current trainee is 31 years old and did 10 years in the USMC before coming to us. He’s been a joy to have around.

There most definitely are some that I work with who are freaking out a little over all this silliness so we all try to be calm, joke around, and go on about our business. A couple days ago we went and got some delicious slices of German Chocolate cake at one of our local Mexican bakeries and hung out in the Speedway munching, drinking coffee and visiting. Nothing to see here.....carry on....
    l10bJvd.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I dunno about corrupting the youth. My current trainee is 31 years old and did 10 years in the USMC before coming to us. He’s been a joy to have around.

There most definitely are some that I work with who are freaking out a little over all this silliness so we all try to be calm, joke around, and go on about our business. A couple days ago we went and got some delicious slices of German Chocolate cake at one of our local Mexican bakeries and hung out in the Speedway munching, drinking coffee and visiting. Nothing to see here.....carry on....

Outstanding. Stay safe out there.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Absolutely.

Part of that improvement over young and dumb debt means I have enough credit cards at a $0 balance to last for a bit. Also have a little cash that I normally would not, and another bank account that I transferred money into as mentioned (hopefully the transfer goes through, but even so I'm still set).

The main thing missing is cash in a fire/water resistant safe. Assuming we actually get stimulus checks, I'll likely be stimulating Tractor Supply for a quality safe.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We have a "things I learned about my preps" thread going. It would be cool if you'd share your experiences over there as I'm sure that will get referenced a lot in the future.

Also, FWIW, my actual gun safe is pretty much garbage and has no fire or water rating, but I have another smaller fire and water rated safe inside of it. It's a budget friendly way to get closer to where you want to go.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just happened to hear on the scanner app about someone in Nashville with the virus. It was reported to a town officer, apparently face to face. The officer was taken out of service and considered contaminated. They were going to make calls to figure protocol. No further info at this time.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just happened to hear on the scanner app about someone in Nashville with the virus. It was reported to a town officer, apparently face to face. The officer was taken out of service and considered contaminated. They were going to make calls to figure protocol. No further info at this time.
    I just do not understand the mindset of people. Or lack of common sense.
    Hey officer would you like a bite of my ice cream cone? Really good huh? Oh by the way, the reason I stopped you is I have these terrible mouth sores. I think it's the herp.
    :n00b:

I hope he is ok and can get a test result back in afew hours so he can get back on duty where his community needs him.

Top Bottom