• ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Saturday morning outing in the Fort.

Gun store: drove by ten minutes before opening and there were a dozen guys in line outside. Didn’t need anything, just driving by.

Country Mark: stopped to fill up three large gas cans with ethanol free gas. One other guy doing the same thing. Both of us hearing the same rumors but no facts.

Costco/Sam’s Club: observed from road, both parking lots full. Gas lines packed (why when gas is under $2).

Meijer: stopped to get supplies for my sister who is in week two of quarantine following a trip to Paris. Produce well stocked. Some milk but pretty picked over. Eggs restocked but selling quickly. Bread half stocked. No TP (gave her some from my emergency supplies).

Ribs: picked up a slab of ribs for lunch. Ziffle’s always had a brisk carry out business and owner said they were doing okay.

Time for a nap.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Laws that would be changed to accommodate a shortage of drivers would be log book type restrictions.
    You're not wrong here, to some extent it is fragile. They didn't need to change any laws, there's been no laws made, just a suggestion to stay home.

Getting those freaking retarded 4 wheeler drivers off the road can make the supply chain as safe as anything else.

Let 'em roll boys!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Meijer: stopped to get supplies for my sister who is in week two of quarantine following a trip to Paris. Produce well stocked. Some milk but pretty picked over. Eggs restocked but selling quickly. Bread half stocked. No TP (gave her some from my emergency supplies).

My parents shop at that Meijer (if it's the one on 3 near to Sam's)... Mom is 70, Dad is 78 and neither has any set schedule they have to adhere to and both are high risk. I called them Wednesday to tell them "Hey... people are all talking about a rumor on the gun forums that things might get shut down... and lots of their rumors have been at least 70% right... so... might wanna go shopping now".

Dad say's they're planning to go shopping Sunday (tomorrow) and I tell him that's nowhere soon enough. While I'm on the phone with them, they closed all the schools in the state basically for the rest of the year, which just smashes the throttle on the panic. Dad still doesn't listen... :facepalm:

So... Sound like I may be getting a visit from Mom and Dad tomorrow to give them some TP and canned goods.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I thought you were training babies 31 is almost a grown up.

Any rook regardless of age is a baby to us...generally we get the the literal wet-behind-the-ears 22-25 year old, so getting a 31 year old Marine has to be a blessing!

As for the ISP cars at Stout Field yesterday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/INGuardsman/status/1241392323273113602?s=09

Not that it’s required, but it might have been prudent to send out a couple quick snapshots or a quick video mini-announcement when they were all stacked up yesterday. Would have helped to allay a lot of speculation and rumor mongering.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    20200321-144758.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As long as there are goods to move, someone will take your $$$ to move them. Prices may go up, but then again, fuel prices are way down.

Trains are running this morning. Hear the horns in the distance right now.

And teachers didn't WANT to stay home. They were forced. Restaurants and other businesses don't WANT to close. They were forced. Trucks will stop when there is nothing to ship, or the State forces them to stop.

Some guys don't want to go home....

8sQqdvT.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Black oreo minis (perhaps dark M&Ms?) being eaten near a checkerboard bathroom floor?

Pack up the tent and set up a new franchise somewhere else. They're doomed!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Driving up and down IN-37 between Bedford and Mitchell seemed rather normal. Had to stop in O’Reilly’s to get tail gate hinges to fix my old rust bucket and they had a pretty good crowd in there. Speedway gas station seemed pretty busy as well as the Mitchell Marathon station.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Made a restock run for Grandpa. Went to Kroger in Nora and Kroger in Fishers, same as the last week and a half. At Nora they had a single pallet of bread that they'd set right outside the coolers didn't even bother to stock it. At Fishers I watched a guy pick up the last loaf of bread like he had found a lucky penny. No TP to be found anywhere... My parents hooked us with TP in trade for some things we had bought on Amazon for them.

aSKeRp0.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Kroger at Southport and Franklin was stocked on bread, milk and eggs a couple of hours ago. The store wasn't overly crowded, no wait for self checkout. There is a 3 item limit on types of meat per person. (3 each of pork, beef, chicken, etc. product) No smoked sausage, but they had bacon and sausage patties. I got 3 packs of bacon. Could have played the rules a bit by buying 3 more packs of turkey bacon, but we're not that desperate yet. Paper towels also in stock. Didn't check toilet paper, I've got plenty.

No crazed looks, trench digging or UN roadblocks on the way there or back. :):

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm convinced I bought the last 3 packets of instant yeast in the county yesterday. Only place that had flour was Aldi, and there wasn't enough to go much longer. Daughter was happy that she gets to keep baking a little longer.

The gun store here is pretty picked over, may 20 long guns left and 30 handguns. Little ammo remaining.

I don't know if it's just the fact that NOTHING else is happening on the radio, but mental/emotional subject, domestic, and suicidal calls seem to have ticked up a hair.

Local eateries are BEGGING for business. I really feel for them as most are sole-proprietorships/family businesses around here.

Nothing crazy, everyone seems to be doing ok for the circumstances. Next week will be telling.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My parents shop at that Meijer (if it's the one on 3 near to Sam's)... Mom is 70, Dad is 78 and neither has any set schedule they have to adhere to and both are high risk. I called them Wednesday to tell them "Hey... people are all talking about a rumor on the gun forums that things might get shut down... and lots of their rumors have been at least 70% right... so... might wanna go shopping now".

Dad say's they're planning to go shopping Sunday (tomorrow) and I tell him that's nowhere soon enough. While I'm on the phone with them, they closed all the schools in the state basically for the rest of the year, which just smashes the throttle on the panic. Dad still doesn't listen... :facepalm:

So... Sound like I may be getting a visit from Mom and Dad tomorrow to give them some TP and canned goods.

Yes, Lima Road. The store was not decimated. The “high value” targets were out of low stock but appeared to be strategically restocked and limits to avoid hoarding. Overall you could get plenty to survive maybe just not the brands or choices you would normally make. Saw a truck pulling up as we left so More is coming. I would say they will be okay Sunday but might take a couple trips.

Sometimes it takes thinking outside the box. Need paper towels? Try an auto supply store and get disposable shop towels.

Good luck.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yes, Lima Road. The store was not decimated. The “high value” targets were out of low stock but appeared to be strategically restocked and limits to avoid hoarding. Overall you could get plenty to survive maybe just not the brands or choices you would normally make. Saw a truck pulling up as we left so More is coming. I would say they will be okay Sunday but might take a couple trips.

Sometimes it takes thinking outside the box. Need paper towels? Try an auto supply store and get disposable shop towels.

Good luck.

We'll see how it goes. Half the problem is that they like what they like so they'll drive all over half of Earth to find it, or confirm they can't get it, before settling on something else. The biggest thing they need is TP.

I appreciate the FTW update. I'm up here in "the boonies" kinda out of that loop these days.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Stopped at a a small town WalMart right before 7am. There was a crowd of 30-40 people waiting. People seemed tense with very little small talk. There was a black Friday vibe. Two
    LEOs parked out front.

Milk and bread limited to 1 per customer, and some limit on meats. No tp. Selection getting more limited than last week.

Gun store lot was full.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stopped at a a small town WalMart right before 7am. There was a crowd of 30-40 people waiting. People seemed tense with very little small talk. There was a black Friday vibe. Two
    LEOs parked out front.

Milk and bread limited to 1 per customer, and some limit on meats. No tp. Selection getting more limited than last week.

Gun store lot was full.

OK, which small town? Inquiring minds want to know.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Lived in this house for 25 years. Tonight we had our first food delivery EVER, and it included beer. We are out in the country, so well beyond the normal range of most services, Our favorite local place is offering delivery within 10 miles for a $5 charge. We're a little past that, but we are regulars so they said it was cool. They are using their staff for delivery instead of uber eats or another third party. They have incredible food and make some pretty decent beer so I'm doing what I can I keep them open. Girl who brought the food said they have been so busy they added a second phone line for all the orders.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Top Bottom