• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Weekly shopping run to Meijer Saturday afternoon. Seemed like moderate foot traffic but I rarely shop on Saturdays. No one was going to starve but shelves were weakly stocked. Produce was in good shape. Meat was moderate. No flour. Cleaning supplies were pretty much decimated. Some milk and eggs. Saw a couple pallets of paper towels.

People observations. 70% probably wearing masks. Distancing protocol probably a B- grade. People would huddle in front of stuff I wanted to buy while chatting on the phone and with my mask they couldn’t see my scowl. The good news with today’s pajama culture is Yoga Pants! There were some tight little booties on display. Since my wife stayed home to halve our exposure risk I was able to “shop” unsupervised.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ok this is officially serious. No Martin's supermarkets in the Michiana area have BACON at the meat counter. Sure, they gave he cheap Echridge crap. But my thick sliced peppered bacon is a necessity.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ok this is officially serious. No Martin's supermarkets in the Michiana area have BACON at the meat counter. Sure, they gave he cheap Echridge crap. But my thick sliced peppered bacon is a necessity.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
    We don’t have service meat counters here anymore, just the packaged stuff. That’s what really pisses me off, no fresh cut pick your own steaks until this crap is over. Not that I have any money to buy any anyway.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    We don’t have service meat counters here anymore, just the packaged stuff. That’s what really pisses me off, no fresh cut pick your own steaks until this crap is over. Not that I have any money to buy any anyway.

But $1200 from Uncle [STRIKE]Sugar[/STRIKE] Sam will fix everything.

Except cheap bacon. I can't even pretend it will fix that.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Texas Roadhouse is selling fresh cut steaks.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ever go to value market in mooresville? Steaks are pretty good, imo. Hamburger sucks but like their steaks

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    ...anyone ordering Omaha steaks? They had some good deals recently I thought about jumping on but I've never tried their stuff...

I can never bring myself to pay the prices they charge. I'd rather buy a freezer and get a 1/4 side of beef before I ever stoop that low. Value Market in Mooresville is THE place.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    ...anyone ordering Omaha steaks? They had some good deals recently I thought about jumping on but I've never tried their stuff...

Wife got me some a few years ago as a Bday gift. Not worth the money in my opinion. I've had way better steaks from my local Meijers meat dept and definitely cheaper.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Got TP my wife said we didn't need at Costco off 82nd street in Castleton after waiting in a stupid long line, we got 90 days food and water easy, I am working two days on and off five with pay, and no place to go.

diablo750

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Middletown
    Made a trip to meijer in anderson today. The only things I noticed not present were ramen noodles, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and 5 gal primo water jugs. I was going to stock up on fish antibiotics today but sadly chewy.com is sold out and i dont know of another reputable source that sells them. Also was going to go to rural king for some deep cycle batteries but they are out also.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I can never bring myself to pay the prices they charge. I'd rather buy a freezer and get a 1/4 side of beef before I ever stoop that low. Value Market in Mooresville is THE place.

If it's the place I'm thinking of, stopped in there once and neither the wife nor I could stand the moldy musty smell.

Thankfully, I'm good on meat and may have a chance to top off in bulk again soon.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Government is doing their best to cripple the small businesses that we’re going to remain open. We had to shutter ANOTHER store today because the employees all QUIT to get in on the +$600 on unemployment. Before ANY who THINK they KNOW chime in, the first 7 that QUIT, WERE APPROVED for unemployment benefits! I’ll let you know when, or if, the other 9 , SO FAR are either accepted or denied. 5 viable restaurants in ONE WEEK. All closed because it’s easier to sit home and collect “FREE” money.:xmad:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Government is doing their best to cripple the small businesses that we’re going to remain open. We had to shutter ANOTHER store today because the employees all QUIT to get in on the +$600 on unemployment. Before ANY who THINK they KNOW chime in, the first 7 that QUIT, WERE APPROVED for unemployment benefits! I’ll let you know when, or if, the other 9 , SO FAR are either accepted or denied. 5 viable restaurants in ONE WEEK. All closed because it’s easier to sit home and collect “FREE” money.:xmad:
    I hope people like that end up having to pay it back eventually

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hope people like that end up having to pay it back eventually
    God I hope so!!! None of them will have the forethought to have state and federal taxes extracted from it, so it probably won’t affect them until NEXT tax refund! They’ll be waiting for the .gov to give them back their interest free loan to .gov and will all start whining when .gov gets their money back!

Top Bottom