• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Nope, the grip screws are fine, and my two-piece guide rod has never come loose. I did read about putting some JW Weld on the threads to keep it from coming apart, but I have never had an issue. I don't want to take it apart to glue it in case that makes it easier to come apart. As long as it is holding, I leave it alone.

You would think some aftermarket company would come out with a single-piece guide rod if that was such a big issue, but I have not seen anything out there.

I do check mine whenever I strip and clean the gun however.

This is good to hear although it appears as more than a few have experienced these kind of problems. I don't think I would be so concerned if it weren't for som reporting issues with stripped screw holes. I guess I find the whole two piece guide rod thing just a bit odd to say the least.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    My 938 SAS has been my EDC with a Sticky Holster. Great little gun. Easy shooting and accurate (for what it is).

I did loose a couple grip screws before I was smart enough to use a little thread lock. No problems now.

No issue with guide rod...Unless you fire 1,000 rounds without a good once over; wouldn't think this would be an issue?

Thanks for sharing. By the way what color of thread lock did you use?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    As I mentioned in my last post, if the two-piece guide rod was a real big deal, I would think that someone would make a third-party one-piece guide rod, since there seems to be so many aftermarket guide rods out there, and I know for a while folks were claiming that the P938 was the top-selling Sig Sauer handgun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thanks for sharing. By the way what color of thread lock did you use?

A pin head worth of blue. Back in the day we used to use clear finger nail polish for such things...

I really would not give any hesitation to the guide rod non-issue. One guy post a video and then 100 other people say "yea - mine might be loose too".

I am neutral on Sig in general but the P928/238 and Ultras are great small guns.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    As I mentioned in my last post, if the two-piece guide rod was a real big deal, I would think that someone would make a third-party one-piece guide rod, since there seems to be so many aftermarket guide rods out there, and I know for a while folks were claiming that the P938 was the top-selling Sig Sauer handgun.

Ah, I see now. Thanks

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A pin head worth of blue. Back in the day we used to use clear finger nail polish for such things...

I really would not give any hesitation to the guide rod non-issue. One guy post a video and then 100 other people say "yea - mine might be loose too".

I am neutral on Sig in general but the P928/238 and Ultras are great small guns.

i don't think I saw the video but I did see more than a few claim issues on the Sig forum. Anyway sounds like mostly a non-issue. Thanks for all of the help.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Thanks to everyone here for the reassurances I went ahead and picked up my P938 today. I also ordered 3 more 7 round magazines as my LGS unfortunately didn't have ny in stock.

x72821

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Bloomington
    My wife carries one. She went to the sig factory store and after looking at every pistol they make picked that one. I think the factory trigger is a little gritty, but I am a trigger snob. You wont be disappointed, the one she has shoots well, and she loves it

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Congrats, and welcome to the P938 club!!! You are going to love it!

Thank you sir.

Sig%20Sauer%20P938%20BRG%20Sub%20Kermit%20EDC.jpg

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Looks Great and fits right in!

Thank you sir.

i just received the 3 additional magazines I ordered and then I realized for the small collection of firearms I have so far how much money I have invested in just magazines. Heck I could have bought at least another gun but then I would have to buy more magazines. LOL

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Some things to consider, that I have learned with my own P938. My guide pin did loosen a little. Locktite and good to go. I also had some light primer strikes. Embarrassed to say it was due to carbon build up on the breech. Easy fix. I love mine. Extremely reliable, accurate, low recoil and very easy to carry. It sits in my safe because I shoot too many different handguns and am afraid, because the P938 does not get all my attention, that if I ever pulled it for use, I might forget to pop off the safety. I don't believe this would be a problem with lots of practice. As much as I hate to say it, I fell into the "No safety on carry gun camp". I never thought that would happen. I will never get rid of it though, and sometimes carry it anyways.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    It will be my next handgun.

I LOVED the rental P938 I shot. I shot it well and it felt good. Recoil was fine; less than expected.

While I'm not crazy about the capacity, I do love how I shot it and it will be an easier EDC than my XDMs. I find myself not carrying at all because of ease of concealment.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I have the 938 two-tone with hogue grips on layaway. LGS had it on sale for $519, can't wait to bring it home and take it to the range. Hopefully it will pass the test for summer carry. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore just put it on sale for $515. I recently purchased a Sig p320 compact, and picked up a sub-compact grip module for it. I'm very pleased with it so far. I still have my Ruger SR9c which is one of the most accurate, reliable pistols I have ever owned. Hoping the Sigs prove to be the same.

Top Bottom