• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sandman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    in denial
    So as the title says, a few buddies and me packed up and drove down to the athens georgia area on friday night (after work). It took approximately nine hours to get here and 150 bucks in fuel. We hunted yesterday evening until dark and we all had opportunities to bag one. At one point I had approx 70 pigs in from of me. Nothing overly huge though. I ended up taking a 160# gilt right at dark. She was out at 177 yards which wasn't to rough of a shot with the ol' springfield m1. This morning has been excruciatingly slow though....apparently pigs enjoy sleeping in. we are hunting at eagle rock plantation which we have somewhat of a mixed review of. I will post a follow up of our group thought once we are done hunting. For $500 you get lodging for two nights, pretty good food, a gilt every time you hunt, and one boar. The typical hunt runs friday evening, saturday all day, then a sunday morning hunt. We pushed ours back one day without much resistance.

They also offer deer hunts so if anyone is interested in killing dog sized whitetail, this is the place for you!! I will say they have a nice herd of russian boar bloodlined hogs. Will post some pics and a review when I get the opportunity.....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'll be interesting to see a follow up/full review after you get home. How many can you kill? Are these feral hogs that are ruining farm land or is the plantation specifically a hunting plantation and the hogs were set loose for hunting?

Pictures?

Top Bottom