• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Transcribing from the Indianapolis subreddit:

Perused feeds, I did see a confirmed lockdown. Anyone with more detail?

Edit: Something reported at 9:14am this morning at Scecina, still active.

A coworker sitting next to me just got a panicked call from her nephew who attends Scecina Memorial High School near 16th and Emerson. He said they were going on lockdown, not a drill, possible active shooter on campus.
    My coworker is married to an IPD officer and called him immediately to look into it. She disappeared so I can't get any more info for now. Just FYI for any concerned parties and seeing if anyone else has more information.
    I've scoured news sources on google and see nothing so far.

Edit: No shooter. Student wrote a threatening note on bathroom mirror and school took safety measures. Police investigating on-scene.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, I know I'm too old to really understand the nuance of emojis, but there's a tweet from an apparent Scecina student that says it is on lockdown with a smiley-teary emoji.

Whut?

So, it is on lockdown, but if there is an active shooter it is unknown to this young woman.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I know I'm too old to really understand the nuance of emojis, but there's a tweet from an apparent Scecina student that says it is on lockdown with a smiley-teary emoji.

Whut?

So, it is on lockdown, but if there is an active shooter it is unknown to this young woman.

I saw that. Maybe they're the one that left the note, and think it's hilarious that the school is locked down.

You're not too old... I don't understand the appropriate usage of those things. That specific one is quite popular though... saw hundreds of them on my big ramen noodle tweet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Man when I was a junior high student we had two or three bomb scares a week! We'd all go hang out in the courtyard for 45 minutes and then go back to class. The good old days!

Top Bottom