• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Are there any fields near Terre Haute? If not what would the closest to me be?

The Sporting Clays place north of town here has only trap, 5-stand and Sporting Clays along with rifle and handgun ranges etc but NO SKEET! :xmad:

I would drive to shoot skeet as long as it isn't clear across the state or way up or down the state.
    Say an hour or two one way would be fine, are there places I can do this?
    Anyone else a Skeet Shooter? Maybe want to shoot a few rounds sometime?

Thanks for any help folks...

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    skeet fields

I can't tell you where all the skeet fields are. There is one at Camp Atterbury near Columbus that is very nice. Also four fields at Indiana Gun Club on the northwest side of Indianapolis. There's a range on the east side of Kokomo on the Isaac Walton League grounds. There are skeet fields in Warsaw at the gun club. There's a range known as Crooked Creek Conservation Club north of Noblesville - but they can't shoot in the summer months. ( Long story ) Lastly, there's a very large trap/skeet club up near Ft. Wayne.

The closest to you of the above might be Atterbury. I don't know the hours. Indiana Gun Club is open on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Very good club - also has trap and sporting clays. They sell shells, reloading components, guns (shotguns, pistols,rifles ) No rifle or pistol shooting. As mentioned, Terre Haute has a sporting clays range, and I thought they had a skeet range or two. There used to be a range on the IU campus in Bloomington but I think it is closed.

If you ever get up to the Indy area on the weekend I'll be happy to shoot a round or two (or three) of skeet with you. I don't shoot registered skeet anymore - and there are fewer places where you can. And . . . . for that matter, fewer registered shooters than there were in the '80's and '90's as many folks switched over to sporting clays.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Yeah, I shot registered Skeet in the 80's & 90's. I had to stop after I was hurt but I never thought that folks would abandon the sport like they seem to have done. I like 5-stand & Sporting Clays well enough but I LOVE Skeet! So it looks like I will have to fill the tank with $4/gal gas and see what I can do about it.

So I remember shooting at the Indy place a time or two with buddies, so maybe I will give you a shout Amboy (Juke?) and see if we can't break some clay together. Evansville isn't a bad drive either so I may try it as well as look for Camp Atterbury. I hope I don't embarrass myself too badly. I will even need to buy a flat of shells just to be safe. Somewhere in my garage is a nice MEC waiting to reload some shells but for now I guess I buy.

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Sugar Creek in Mitchell *

2 - Skeet Fields
    1 - Trap
    1 - 5 Stand
    13 Station Sporting Clays Course with remotes.

It is a wonderful facility and great people.

www.indianaphesant.com

812-849-5020

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Try Twin Bridges Skeet & Trap Club. On the south side of the Waste Management Landfill on the east side of Danville, IN. It's about an hour from Terre Haute.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    It's south of Danville - south of the Twin Bridges Golf Club. Go to the first crossroad south of the golf course and turn east (left). It's on the north side of the road about 500 yards from the intersection. I've shot a round of trap there - I think they have one skeet range. I have no idea what there days/hours may be. There is also a trap club south of Danville but I think they only throw trap targets.

Top Bottom