• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I will gladly give you some of our skeeters. Our property in SE Indiana seems to have a lot of them this year. Maybe we are getting more rain than other areas of the state.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I thought this would be a thread about how bad they are. Last year was a mild year here. I got a few bites today watering the garden and told my wife I'm not sitting outside tonight. They think I'm delicious.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I hardly ever get mosquito bites, but CHIGGERS are drawn to me like a magnet. Every day I have to spray my legs, and just going in the yard, a few still get by the deet.

Go down to your local farm supply store and get a jug of peremethrin livestock premises concentrate and a sprayer. Mix it a little stouter than directions and spray the areas of your yard you frequent. It'll take care of any ticks, chiggers, fleas, and about any other bug in the areas that got sprayed. Label will say its good for a month but I repeat about 2 weeks after the first time then about every 24-25 days thereafter. Very safe for humans and most other mammals, can be toxic to cats until it dries. I use the same mix on the clothes I wear when working in the yard and walking in the woods to kill any nasties I get on me. No side effects djaklj djeue0w wis0ew3='aei yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Go down to your local farm supply store and get a jug of peremethrin livestock premises concentrate and a sprayer. Mix it a little stouter than directions and spray the areas of your yard you frequent. It'll take care of any ticks, chiggers, fleas, and about any other bug in the areas that got sprayed. Label will say its good for a month but I repeat about 2 weeks after the first time then about every 24-25 days thereafter. Very safe for humans and most other mammals, can be toxic to cats until it dries. I use the same mix on the clothes I wear when working in the yard and walking in the woods to kill any nasties I get on me. No side effects djaklj djeue0w wis0ew3='aei yet.

^ This.

I've been using it for years and was surprised that it's not made in this country.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I hardly ever get mosquito bites, but CHIGGERS are drawn to me like a magnet. Every day I have to spray my legs, and just going in the yard, a few still get by the deet.
    Years ago I got a great tip from an old logger who was always in the woods. I asked him how he kept the chiggers off. He said every morning before he dressed he floured his body down with medicated powder. The chiggers don't like the menthol in the powder. If you don't want to spend the money on Gold Bond medicated powder, I found the medicated powder sold at Dollar tree works just as well. Before I go to the woods or go berry picking, I always dust myself down with it. Seems to repel ticks as well as chiggers.

Top Bottom