• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I'm having a heck of a time finding a place to carry on me that conceals well and is relatively comfortable. The best place I have found is carrying at 6 o'clock. However, sitting is a little less comfortable there. 4 o'clock is better for sitting, but doesn't conceal as well. I know a good rig makes all the difference. I have a nice belt coming from the beltman. I want some opinions before I purchase the holster though. If I decide to carry at 6 then I need a left hand draw holster. At 4, a right hand holster works better. Thoughts?

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    This is something I have been trying to find out myself. I am pretty skinny and it is hard to conceal a gun while being comfortable. I have a shoulder holster that conceals well but I need a jacket or hoodie to conceal it. I have thought about tossing a smaller gun in a pocket.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Carried at 4 for a while. It was tolerable, and I got used to it. I got an lcr now and carry in my pocket. Be careful at 6 since you can mess up your spine on a fall.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It took me years to find a comfortable solution. I use the King Tuk IWB holster at 4 o'clock with an M&p9C.

It would be even more comfortable/concealable with a Shield, but my hands are too large to shoot thin guns accurately. A compact version of a full size gun is perfect because the grip is normal thickness, it is just shorter (you don't need your pinky on the handle for accuracy/control).

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'm 5'6" and weigh 140-150 depending..
    I carry at the 3:00-4:30 and don't have a problem concealing. I carry either a Sig 226 or a 1911. A good belt/ holster setup does wonders, I use Galco.
    My 226 is in a Galco concealable and the 1911 is in a Galco C.O.P. I use a Galco belt also.
    You might need to try a bigger shirt than normal,but I don't usually have a problem. The nice thing about Ind. is it doesn't have to be concealed so if it sticks out a little bit....
    I would watch the 6:00 carry, there are stories of people getting spine injuries from falling on a gun carried there, although I have no proof of this actually happening just the internet stories.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    When I CC, I typically CC right around 4:30-5 o'clockish. For me it's the most comfortable I can get while still being semi-discreet. FWIW, I'm 5'11" and weigh about 170.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    It would be more helpful to know your general dimensions. I recommend not carrying at 6 o'clock due to the possibility of spinal injury and access while driving.

All the same places that the fat guys carry but looking damn good doing it. :rockwoot:

Pretty much this. I'm 6'1", 163lbs, with a 31" waist. I count that as pretty skinny. I carry compacts both IWB and OWB at 4 o'clock and can conceal easily with a t-shirt over them. I don't wear skin tight shirts so a regular medium t-shirt fits right over with negligible printing.

Galco King Tuck, Crossbreed Super Tuck, or Comp-Tac are great hybrid IWB holsters: I carry the Crossbreed because Comp-Tac didn't have my gun. A t-shirt over this and it disappears.
    My OWB is a Desantis leather holster. There are a large number of leather and Kydex OWB holsters that hold the firearm VERY close to your body so that a t-shirt will easily conceal it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    personally, at 5'9 150lb my preferred is IWB at 7 o'clock in my supertuck.

If I dont mind printing, I just pull my T-shirt over it. If I want something less obvious I throw on a collared short sleeve casual shirt over it to mask the weapon and tuck in the undershirt. (I carry a G-23). To which my wife's BFF said I looked hot in I might add... :)

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    This is something I have been trying to find out myself. I am pretty skinny and it is hard to conceal a gun while being comfortable. I have a shoulder holster that conceals well but I need a jacket or hoodie to conceal it. I have thought about tossing a smaller gun in a pocket.
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. To add boot, I'm usually shirtless on my farm and in jeans. Just regular jeans I might add, not tight ones. The only thing I can think of is either a pocket gun or ankle carry. I want to pocket carry a .38 but I feel like it'd print terribly so id probably go with either a kel tec of lcp. (Let's not start a brand or caliber debate, I need an answer for the problem the OP stated as well).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. To add boot, I'm usually shirtless on my farm and in jeans. Just regular jeans I might add, not tight ones. The only thing I can think of is either a pocket gun or ankle carry. I want to pocket carry a .38 but I feel like it'd print terribly so id probably go with either a kel tec of lcp. (Let's not start a brand or caliber debate, I need an answer for the problem the OP stated as well).

But if you are just (shirtless) on your farm, why are you concerned about printing? Is/are your livestock card carrying members of PETA? :laugh:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    But if you are just (shirtless) on your farm, why are you concerned about printing? Is/are your livestock card carrying members of PETA? :laugh:
    People Eating Tasty Animals? Why yes, yes they are :rolleyes:
    i need to conceal because I don't think my mom and grandma would appericate me trying to be a cowboy with my .357 k frame haha I prefer to carry it in my back pocket with the grips sticking out but that's the words they'd use. Plus oc isn't big around here and I'm a quiet guy who just wants to carry in peace, hence my need to cc. Mostly, I need to cc out of respect for my mom and grandma, it's their property so I feel I owe them that respect.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    I'm a skinny guy too, it's really not that bad. I carry a full size Glock17 at 4:00 in a Hideaway holster from Highnoon. It's really not uncomfortable at all, just takes a month or so to get used to it being there.

Yeah, you're kinda screwed trying to CC shirtless. That kind of work is tough to CC in even with a shirt. Frankly, you'd be surprised how little people actually care about you carrying, especially when they already know if you are responsible with it.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am 5'11" 165 with a Ruger SR9c. The past couple of days I have tried carrying more at 3 and 4 o'clock. It's super comfortable but the butt of the gun tends to print/stick out. I guess it doesnt really matter since this is Indiana. After seeing 3 people warn against carrying at 6 o'clock I think I am done with that. Once my Remora holster gets here it will be easier to find the right spot. I think once winter hits I'll just carry OWB.

Top Bottom