• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. To add boot, I'm usually shirtless on my farm and in jeans. Just regular jeans I might add, not tight ones. The only thing I can think of is either a pocket gun or ankle carry. I want to pocket carry a .38 but I feel like it'd print terribly so id probably go with either a kel tec of lcp. (Let's not start a brand or caliber debate, I need an answer for the problem the OP stated as well).

Have you ever heard of a wallet holster. I know a guy who carries and if you didn't know he was carrying you would just think it was his wallet.

My hubby is 6'6" and 185. He has yet to find a comfortable way to carry except an ankle holster. He's biggest issue is he wants to conceal a revolver. He would prefer his 357 but just can't conceal it to his satisfaction.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I have a full size .45 but I am getting a 2 inch barrel .357 soon. Since I don't wear tight jeans the revolver should be easy to conceal in a pocket or using an IWB holster.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I never thought to try it at 4 o'clock. Just so I am picturing this properly, 4 o'clock would be on my right side about 1/3 of the way from my side to my back?

I am so used to seeing holster's at 3 o'clock, I have never tried it.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I never thought to try it at 4 o'clock. Just so I am picturing this properly, 4 o'clock would be on my right side about 1/3 of the way from my side to my back?

I am so used to seeing holster's at 3 o'clock, I have never tried it.

Yep, What I did/do is put it on at the 3:00 and slide it around until I find "the" spot. You might have to straddle your holster on each side of a belt loop depending on the pair of pants

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep, I carry a G23 IWB at the 8 oclock. (lefty) It prints in a loose Tee or polo, but not horribly. Try that at 9 (or 3) and its painfully obvious you are carrying. Bigger guys can get away with it, but not us skinny guys. Being in the small of your back it allows it to hug your body more and if you are directly facing someone, they often cant even see because its mostly behind you.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Have you ever heard of a wallet holster. I know a guy who carries and if you didn't know he was carrying you would just think it was his wallet.

My hubby is 6'6" and 185. He has yet to find a comfortable way to carry except an ankle holster. He's biggest issue is he wants to conceal a revolver. He would prefer his 357 but just can't conceal it to his satisfaction.
    Yeah, I'd prefer to carry a revolver too but I don't want it to print in my pocket. Hence I'm leaning towards a small automatic.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    I'm still getting used to carry, but so far I like 3:30-5:30 using a N82 tactical professional with my Glock 19. I'm about 5'10" 160 lbs. With an untucked Polo, heavy T shirt, jacket, or sweatshirt it is concealed well, but if I bend to far it does print. Although unless you knew what you were looking at it could easily be mistaken for a smartphone. Sitting with it is comfortable.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm still getting used to carry, but so far I like 3:30-5:30 using a N82 tactical professional with my Glock 19. I'm about 5'10" 160 lbs. With an untucked Polo, heavy T shirt, jacket, or sweatshirt it is concealed well, but if I bend to far it does print. Although unless you knew what you were looking at it could easily be mistaken for a smartphone. Sitting with it is comfortable.

Heck, the other day at Lowes a guy was carrying a pistol on a drop leg holster out in plain sight and my wife didn't even notice it when we walked right past him. :)

I am fairly observant but I bet I walk past people often who are CC'ing and don't notice, even if they are printing.

And like you say, people are so used to seeing stuff hanging off their belt that they hardly pay attention.

L. Cranston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    ne. Indiana
    I'm 5'11', 140. I carry 2 ways-- at 4:00 in a Crossbreed super tuck if I will be somewhere without a lot of sitting. If sitting (movie, church) I carry appendix with a versacarry. I find this way actually more comfortable, over all. Also, more accessible. A normal t-shirt will hide the Sig 250 fine, an open button shirt over if more cover is needed. Black hides best, but any shirt will due.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My Charter Arms undercover rides just fine in a jeans pocket. I just have to remember not to put my key ring in the right front pocket. That would make a quick draw a little complicated.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I do, it's easier with jeans than khakis with what I have.

My Charter Arms undercover rides just fine in a jeans pocket. I just have to remember not to put my key ring in the right front pocket. That would make a quick draw a little complicated.
    Valvestate, what do you carry? I'd like to carry a .38 if its possible and I'm a pretty skinny guy. Sorry, I hope this isn't exactly a thread jack. Most snubbies I've seen wont ride in my pocket at all without the grip sticking out or printing like no other.

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm 5'11 160# and I carry a P2000 in an Old Faithful holster at 4:30ish. All summer I've been wearing shorts and medium t-shirts and my wife doesn't even realize I'm carrying sometimes.

stevep48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    6 foot and 180...1911 in a Galco FL212B FLETCH between 3:30 and 4, loose shirt and no one seems to know, even my wife forgets I have it.
    Daltech SuperBIO BELT....

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have found carrying at 3:30-4ish is working best for me. The new belt helps tremendously. This should become much easier once the cooler weather rolls in during the coming months.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Many here have already covered the basics...good belt, experiment with a couple of different holsters, and move the position every day or two until you find your zone.

I carry an M&P Shield 9 currently. I bought a Crossbreed Supertuck and it is quite comfortable but these days I find myself going to a Raven Phantom. It is OWB but hugs my body so well I can carry in the 4o clock position and conceal with just a t shirt. FWIW I'm 5 ' 11" and 165

i too have heard from worm skinny guys that say appendix works best for them. I personally am just not comfortable with the firearm being in a perpetual state of covering my genitals and femoral artery. Mental block on that for me personally.

Top Bottom