• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I certainly hope not. I'm at the tail end of that generation. My son - realize I'm a proud father - is 19, but I'd follow him in to battle or the deer woods before any other adult I know. He's one of the very best at muzzle discipline, trigger discipline and target recognition I know AND he's one hell of a shooter. He makes good grades at the University and has a very bright future in front of him. He can't be the only one of his species.

I think brats are made, not born. I also think common sense is a learned habit. If you're around it, you're likely to pick it up. If you never see it, you don't recognize it. Somewhere along the way, a whole group of people stopped parenting and/or stopped caring for one reason or another. I'm not sure why.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    What would make a very strong positive impression is to have as many females OC at Starbucks....let the media and the anti-gun women attempt a debate with an informed woman who believes in her Constitutional rights AND freely exercises them.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What would make a very strong positive impression is to have as many females OC at Starbucks....let the media and the anti-gun women attempt a debate with an informed woman who believes in her Constitutional rights AND freely exercises them.

I'll be going :wavey:

but I have talked with members of their group before. They do not listen. We've been called baby killers, they crossed the street when I came up on them. I'd love to talk with them civilly, I don't see it happening though.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'll be going :wavey:

but I have talked with members of their group before. They do not listen. We've been called baby killers, they crossed the street when I came up on them. I'd love to talk with them civilly, I don't see it happening though.

Yep. For some, this is all about an agenda. They don't want to debate or learn. They simply want their way no matter how they formed their opinion.

I'd like to point out that for ALL gun owners sake, do NOT make the mistake of thinking EVERY non-gunner out there has this frame of mind. Making that assumption will lead you into a train of conversation which will have a negative affect on the "fence-sitters" and it will be that much more difficult to lean them to our side. I've seen it happen and it is very damaging. Try your best to diagnose where they fall in this continuum and address/conversate with them accordingly and respectfully. Jumping the gun and assuming them to be a lost cause when they truly aren't can be detrimental to the cause whereas that COULD have become one more ally.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yep. For some, this is all about an agenda. They don't want to debate or learn. They simply want their way no matter how they formed their opinion.

I'd like to point out that for ALL gun owners sake, do NOT make the mistake of thinking EVERY non-gunner out there has this frame of mind. Making that assumption will lead you into a train of conversation which will have a negative affect on the "fence-sitters" and it will be that much more difficult to lean them to our side. I've seen it happen and it is very damaging. Try your best to diagnose where they fall in this continuum and address/conversate with them accordingly and respectfully. Jumping the gun and assuming them to be a lost cause when they truly aren't can be detrimental to the cause whereas that COULD have become one more ally.

+1. Remember there are Anti-gun people(and anti-hunters) and Non-gun people(and non-hunters). I used to hunt, but no longer do so that makes me a non-hunter. But I am definitely pro-hunting!

My daughter is not anti-gun, but she is a non-gunner. My bad on that one.:(

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review: even if you don't like the coffee, go to a Starbucks tomorrow :ingo::draw: just to **** off that annoying anti-gun biatch from Zionsville.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"Starbucks is now banning smoking within 25 feet of its stores. It will get even worse for smokers once they realize every Starbucks is about 25 feet from another Starbucks." -Jimmy Fallon

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Met MrsG in Irvington. Had a very nice conversation. If there was any affect on Starbuck's business, it certainly wasn't apparent.

Also ran into IndyK afterwards at another store. Wearing INGO swag pays off. :)

Hack966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Went this morning while OCing. Got an iced mocha and tried their pumpkin bread. Delicious, but over priced.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Stopped in one of our local Starbucks. Asked how business was and asked about the boycott. They knew nothing about it.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Stopped in one of our local Starbucks. Asked how business was and asked about the boycott. They knew nothing about it.

Same here in Clarksville, just returned from the one in the Target store. Place wasn't overly crowded, but doing steady business, and the older lady behind the counter had no idea of any boycott going on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OC'd at Heartland crossing with the wife, who CC'd for the first time since she got her Larry. I'll second the lack of impact. That place was hopping. Someone walked in the front door every 5 minutes, and the drive through was never completely empty. Even at its slowest, as the last car left the window, another was pulling up to the speaker.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same here in Clarksville, just returned from the one in the Target store. Place wasn't overly crowded, but doing steady business, and the older lady behind the counter had no idea of any boycott going on.

Just shows us that one person's passion doesn't even make the radar of others. It was on the national news. You would think the employees would know about it. The employees I spoke with thought it was funny that someone would boycott them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We stopped in at the one in Broad Ripple after lunch after the gun show.

I then bumped into (almost) an INGOer at the Fresh Market. If you were wearing a black Gadsen INGO shirt (white male mid-20s, slightly hipsteresque eyeglasses) in the Fresh Market, the middle aged dude in the sand colored shirt and khakis was me.:D

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    124v59h.jpg

Pretty decent way to start off the day.... Breakfast on the way to the range. Every single table was taken, so I had to take it out to the truck for a to-go breakfast. I guess the boycott is more local to Indiana, because it seemed to be very busy down in Sarasota!

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, when she is there protesting, she had better keep a close eye on her mode of transportation. Someone in the "back" of the store might use it to sweep the floor.

Top Bottom