• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I always tell everyone would you rather be miserable one day or two? Rather blow one day or two of vacation, just knock it out and be done.
    13 hours or less is generally a drive through for me, but sometimes, the kiddies just won't let ya! As an added bonus, 13 hours will get me to 90% of the nation I wish to visit!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    13 hours or less is generally a drive through for me, but sometimes, the kiddies just won't let ya! As an added bonus, 13 hours will get me to 90% of the nation I wish to visit!

I beat them at their own game, drive through the night so they are all sleeping away and wake up at their destination.

Got used to leaving for Florida about 6-7pm, stop for dinner and everyone watches their tablets for a while, they go to sleep, when they wake up we stop for breakfast and then we are there.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I beat them at their own game, drive through the night so they are all sleeping away and wake up at their destination.

Got used to leaving for Florida about 6-7pm, stop for dinner and everyone watches their tablets for a while, they go to sleep, when they wake up we stop for breakfast and then we are there.

^^^this^^^

I try to get a quick afternoon nap in before the 6pm departure. Then I am rested and ready to drive clear through the night. Generally traffic is light so lower stress and faster paced. Then when I am 10-12 hours into the drive it is daylight and the gang is awake so the chances of falling asleep are lessened for the final miles of the trip. Never hesitate to stop for a 20 minute power nap if needed. Sometimes I will nap while the gang is inside having breakfast.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom