• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hey guys, I've been reading several sites trying to determine if I need more USA parts for my SKS to be 922(r) compliant. I know at least one of you fellas knows exactly what to look for, so, I'm calling on your expertise.

My SKS:

• Norinco 20" SKS Carbine
    • Bayonet removed
    • Original Trigger Group
    • Original Bolt
    • Original Gas Tube & Piston
    • ATI Folding Stock
    • ATI Handguard
    • Tapco 20rd Polymer Mag
    It's currently disassembled, as I'm going to switch out the wood handguard for the nylon Tapco one here @ work today.

Before I reassemble it, I want to be certain that I don't need to order another part or two to be compliant.

It looks to me like, among the 14 'parts', the Stock, Handguard, Floor Plate, and Follower are all switched to Made in the USA in my configuration, bringing me down to 10 imported 'parts'. There's just a lot of confusing information floating around, so I want to be sure y'all agree before I go marching around Indy in a few weeks.

Your help with this silly law is appreciated.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Paco:

These might be helpful:
    922(r) Worksheet for SKS Builds - Gunwiki - TWiki
    “Survivors” SKS FAQ

I thought 922r applied to guns that where once full auto machine guns, (AK, FAL...) not semi-autos like the SKS.

That would be incorrect; it applies to any imported semi-auto deemed to be "non-sporting".

(r) It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yup, if you bring it with you make sure it's 922r compliant for sure! Stooooopid law, I know. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Top Bottom