• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I've been seeing AR, AK, 1911, Glock, Show and Tell, but no SKS specific thread. Time someone started one and since I did some upgrades to mine tonight, I thought I'd share my achievement with you all!

:rockwoot::patriot:

As Purchased Used....
    NorincoSKS004.jpg

As modified with the Tapco Fusion Stock Set before taken to the range... (Note the Handguards)
    ImprovedSKS002.jpg

ImprovedSKS004.jpg

As modified tonight with a Center Point Adventure Class 2-7x32mm Scope and Upper Handguard....
    SKSUpgrade003.jpg

SKSUpgrade002.jpg

And so there she is. The Big Green Monster in her final Stage of Modification. I'm just waiting on a Bipod before she is finally completed. Something decent, but that will fit forward of the front grip. OH! I forgot I'm getting a cheap Shell Deflector. Anyone have any suggestions???

BTW, the Scope has a Red/Green Illuminated Mil-Dot Crosshair. Really nice scope for 65 bucks. We'll see how she performs. I don't plan on using the illumination that often so that's not an issue.

Well, I showed you mine, time to show me yours! I may be updating with more por... uh, I mean pix tomorrow! :D

:patriot: :ar15:

Last edited:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Nice! Don't have one, but have been looking into getting one, were did you find yours? I wish I could find one for under 200 like a couple years ago!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nice! Don't have one, but have been looking into getting one, were did you find yours? I wish I could find one for under 200 like a couple years ago!

Found mine from another member on here! :D Great deal for $250... :rockwoot:

Nice hand gun!!! LOL

From H&K to Handgun huh? Nice... :p I likey! She's a tack driver to boot!:ar15:

Oh, uh, err... I forgot my Baby Desert Eagle was in that one... LOL Opps. I feel stupid. Yea, that's a BDE Semi-Compact in 9mm. Daily, err, 20/7/365 carry piece there...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Scope mounts for your AK or SKS rifle

Get rid of that ridiculous mount for your telescopic. People always goes with what is easy and on the AK/SKS, that automatically means not a rigid surface to mount a scope to! I have used the above for my old SKS and it is a VERY sturdy alternative to mounting on a wobbly surface. It is no wonder people think of Combloc weapons as inaccurate when using inferior scope mounting or cheap ammo! :D

Incidentally, I have written to Larue to say that they should make the AK Irondot for the SKS as well. I have a feeling it would sell very well. I have one coming in soon for my SLR106FR.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well, if Zephri would post pics of his since I'm trying to make this a picture thread, I'd like to have a mount like his.

Is this what you are talking about? SKS Sight Base And Scope Rail With Black Anodized Finish : Scout Scopes

Considering this is a Tapco mount, I'm not 100% confident that it will hold zero for very long, but it still allows use of the iron sights. I've tried the Receiver cover mount and that didn't go over very well either. The problem with a scope mount like the one above means that I can't use a shell deflector that attaches to the rear sight. So if he develops one for the SKS like the AK style, I hope it has a built in shell deflector. I can't take this to the range like this until I get one as it sits.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Well I guess I''ll stop being lazy...:):

P1010016.jpg

Here's some pictures of the mount. It can be found here Kalinka. It's a drill and tap mount that allows you to mount any posp mount with a dragunov mounting base on it, you can also mount normal picitanny rails on it like this. (note I modified mine to accept an ak style mounting base the groove can be seen under the flat black paint on the bottom rail.)
    skspospmountside.jpg

skspospmount.jpg

and to keep this an sks picture thread,
    norincoskspara.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey 38, how hard was it to get your Tapco Handguard on? I spent an hour last night sanding mine down on the back end and the front top knob sticking up just to get it to fit. The pin popped out and went back in nicely though. I was suprised.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    It took some modification. I probably sanded stuff for about a half hour to get it snug. I wanted it perfect, though, so the handguard doesn't wobble even a little bit.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom