• ...and so much more!
  • BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    OK, I took my SKS out last night, and man that thing is fun!!!! :D

I am now trying to decide between the ATI 6 position side folder and the Tapco INTRAFUSE Stock "system"

I'm torn between the fold-up handiness of the ATI, and whether it will be durable through years of abuse and folding/unfolding. I plan on keeping this in the vehicle for a SHTF go-to gun. Thoughts, experiences, comments???

I had one on a mini 30. It is a really nice durable stock. This particular stock looks much better than tapcos IMO. I loved it on the mini 30, I don't know what your plans are for optics...but there is not much out there unless you prefer long eye relief.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    OK, I took my SKS out last night, and man that thing is fun!!!! :D

I am now trying to decide between the ATI 6 position side folder and the Tapco INTRAFUSE Stock "system"

I'm torn between the fold-up handiness of the ATI, and whether it will be durable through years of abuse and folding/unfolding. I plan on keeping this in the vehicle for a SHTF go-to gun. Thoughts, experiences, comments???

If not for the 4 month wait time due to back orders, I'd go with the SGWorks bullpup kit. Bringing the gun length to 26.5 to 30.5 inches (depending on what you started with) is nice in the event the paper targets follow me home and I need to clear the house with the gun shouldered.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    If not for the 4 month wait time due to back orders, I'd go with the SGWorks bullpup kit. Bringing the gun length to 26.5 to 30.5 inches (depending on what you started with) is nice in the event the paper targets follow me home and I need to clear the house with the gun shouldered.

I just don't know... I'm a fairly big guy (6'7", >360lbs) and the bullpup just seems like it would be kinda short.... maybe not...anyone out there in INGO land have one of these setups? Also, they are kind of expensive... $200 with no tri-rail, and no front grip....

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I've got a Tapco on my SKS and really like the stock itself. I tried putting a red-dot on the fore-rail and didn't like the way that felt so I took it back off. I've read several problem stories about receiver mounted optics so I plan on staying with irons though I will be putting the tech sights on it. One note-the fore-rail on the tapco makes it very difficult to see the factory irons. The front sight post is lined up below the top of the rail though it does happen to be visible because it's inside the gap in the two sides of the rail. If the tech sights dont raise my sight picture a little, I'm going to end up shaving off the fore-rail for a better sight picture. I can take some pics of what I'm trying to say if that'll help.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle

Hell, if the wait was really 4 months I would buy one! The website says they are shipping out the orders from June 2010.

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    There was one of those bullpup kits a guys selling on another forum. If anyone wants one and doesn't want to wait pm me and I'll get you the link. I've got one on order otherwise I would get it. Wait is like 8-10 months

EDIT: ok so I'm a liar he sold it. Sorry guys

Last edited:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    i personally plan on buying the tapco. i like the looks of it better. i cant use wood because my arms are way to long for it. i dont really see the use for a folding stock with this long of a gun. its just not for me

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    i personally plan on buying the tapco. i like the looks of it better. i cant use wood because my arms are way to long for it. i dont really see the use for a folding stock with this long of a gun. its just not for me

I have the same issue with the wood stock... waaayyyy too short

What: ATI 6 position side folder

Why: I like the way it looks and I had one so I know the durability and reliability.

How: You want to know the how of my decision?:dunno:
    I don't even know what I meant by the how!! :)

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    thank you all for the information. I'm thinking I'm going to go with the ATI. I want the folding stock for storage purposes... going to be a truck SHTF gun!.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Keep it stock. The Russian design was originally for soldiers of all sizes under all weather conditions. The russkies know how to design small arms based on experience.

I have learned over the years that Americans want their stocks too long and their shoes too narrow.

Put on your winter clothes or body armor, and tell me that the stock is too short. Maybe it isn't?

No matter your foot length, get EE's. (but that wasn't the question, was it?)

We are a funny people though....Free and independent and pockets full of money and all.....Play away.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thought of that, tried it, still about 10" too short! plus, as I said this is going to be a SHTF setup... will spend a good portion of it's time tucked away in various vehicles.

Keep it stock. The Russian design was originally for soldiers of all sizes under all weather conditions. The russkies know how to design small arms based on experience.

I have learned over the years that Americans want their stocks too long and their shoes too narrow.

Put on your winter clothes or body armor, and tell me that the stock is too short. Maybe it isn't?

No matter your foot length, get EE's. (but that wasn't the question, was it?)

We are a funny people though....Free and independent and pockets full of money and all.....Play away.

Top Bottom