• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I recently got a Yugoslavian sks, with a synthetic stock, with a 10 rd. stripper clip mag. pouch. ( or whatever its called.) I would like to get a different one to accept the 30 rd. detatchable mags. a friend told me they don't seem to work well, sometimes wont feed correctly. if so, can you suggest something that will work for this application? im pretty new to the sks world, so please use laymen terms. thanks in advance.

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    I have a Yugo SKS with a Tapco stock kit. It pretty much works. Be very careful when you clean the bolt, use plenty of oil. I've had my firing pin seize up and luckily it didn't slam-fire when i chambered a round. It's heavy and cumbersome as compared to an AK. I have some 20 rd Tapco mags that I have never had an issue with, I found some aftermarket steel magazines at a gun show but they don't fit. I wouldn't spent too much money on the SKS. They're not bad in their original wood stock. Your money would be better invested in an AK. Lots more options, and much more reliable.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Great recommendation on the Survivor's forum. It is a great forum. The Tapco T-6 is a good stock...had one on my SKS for years and liked it. Make sure you realize that if it is a standard SKS with the standard box mag, your best bet is the Tapco 20 round mags if you want reliable function. Not many of the metal 30rd mags feed reliably unfortunately. That seems odd since they are basically AK style mags, but there is a difference in the top of the mag that controls feeding.

Top Bottom