• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well guys, to bad, but the prices have began to tick upwards on them the last year or so. I'm sure it fluctuates depending upon where you live, but around here a Norinco(in good shape) are running about 300. The Yugos are running a little higher. JMHO.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I think the most I ever sold one for was 320 to someone that was in a big hurry to own an
    "assault rifle"
    They must not have known their guns then. The SKS, as I'm sure you know, in not an "assult rifle", no matter how hard the anti-gun crowd tries to convince people otherwise.:laugh:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It should be noted that I am determining my price by utility value and not investment value for future resale and I already have a couple SKS's.

For me, right now:
    under 150 = excellent deal
    150-200 = great deal
    200-250 = fair deal
    250-275 = more than I am probably going to pay for another sks

Since I'm going to shoot the SKS and not keep it new in cosmoline as an investment, I don't place a premium to the value of it being NIB over used but in excellent mechanical shape.

Also, I have to say that I regret exactly zero of my firearms purchases. Even the ones that in retrospect I feel like I paid too much, I'm still glad I bought them.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It should be noted that I am determining my price by utility value and not investment value for future resale and I already have a couple SKS's.

For me, right now:
    under 150 = excellent deal
    150-200 = great deal
    200-250 = fair deal
    250-275 = more than I am probably going to pay for another sks

Since I'm going to shoot the SKS and not keep it new in cosmoline as an investment, I don't place a premium to the value of it being NIB over used but in excellent mechanical shape.

Also, I have to say that I regret exactly zero of my firearms purchases. Even the ones that in retrospect I feel like I paid too much, I'm still glad I bought them.
    With ya' on that one. They are, to me, the perfect SHTF rifle.:twocents:

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    but but but, it has a scary bayonet or spike:rolleyes:

Yup, the individual buying that particular SKS came up to me out of the blue just having to have himself one of them "russian assault weapons" and he had cash.

I figured he wasn't crazy - just wrong in his estimation of the gun's status - and took his cash.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I've been looking into purchasing an SKS as my first rifle. It seems anything <300 is a good deal on Yugo or Norinco SKS in excellent condition. I don't know what NIB adds to the value, but it can't be too much. I've found that they have rocketed up in price in the last few years.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Honestly, as much as these rifles were built to withstand less than optimal cleaning, it makes them a perfect rifle for having around. I actually enjoy shooting my Norinco anyway, but it's also a great rifle to hand to a friend/family member during SHTF. Relatively cheap, relatively cheep to feed, moderatly accurate, low maint....I'm very happy the fact that I've got one. It does serve a purpose, just not every purpose, but what gun does?

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Picked one up used a few weeks ago at a gun show in Anderson for 205...its a Norinco. No bayonet...and detachable mags. I wanted it for a shooter. Id say 300 is the top dollar Id pay for one.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    The Yugo is a little better built, I have a Norinco and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Most I see are going 250 -300. The longer you wait the more you are going to pay. The Russian SKS is the best investment if you can find one at a good price. For the money I think you are making a good choice. Have fun with it.

Top Bottom