• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slamminsam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    anderson
    is there anyone out there that can tell me what i need to do to put a 30 rd magazine on my sks some say there is a conversion kit some say you have to take it apart and push out a pin just looking for some info so i do it right the first time

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I would recommend going to Youtube. In like 7 seconds, I searched for and found a bunch of videos that describe what you are looking for.

I would have included a link, but that would take the fun of searching out of it. :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Pop the stock off.

Remove the fixed magazine, it more or less just slips out once the stock is off.

Reinstall the stock.

Lock the bolt open (which is necessary to do to insert or remove magazines from an SKS) and insert your new 30 round magazine.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Putting a non original style mag, detachable mag system, or other certain parts in an SKS or other certain foreign made guns will trigger a Federal gun law called 922r... you will also have to change more parts to USA made parts to comply with the law.

TAPCO - Section 922r Compliance

Carmel Corn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Carmel
    If you have the original fixed magazine, keep it around. You never know if you might need it again. Too many libs who want to take our rights away and someday detachable mags may become a target in this state.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Or if you plan on shooting the gun instead if cussing at it leave the original 10 round magazine in it....
    This for sure. And if you want a good price for rifle after your done, you better dammed well keep that 10 round mag. Adding a 20-30 rounder to a true collector does not increase value, it decreases value. I dislike calling people about rifles and they think they added $100 value for a crappy magazine. I'd much rather have the original 10 rounder. You can keep you $100 value and crappy mag.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I had some visa cards and used them to get 2 20rd promag archangel mags. I haven't had any issues yet though they still need to be broken in as far as inserting and removing.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have 2 of the duck bill 30 rd mags sitting in a box around here somewhere. Like has been said, I went back to the fixed 10 rd mag.
    Hell I bet it's been 20 yrs since I've had the sks out

Top Bottom