• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    Does anyone have a Sleep Natural memory foam mattress from Mark's Mattress outlet? If so, do you like it? My wife and I were looking at them up in Lafayette and neither of us know much about them. Actually neither of us know much about memory foam mattresses since we've never had one. Wasn't sure if they are worth the hype.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I love memory foam. Must of the ones I see advertised have only 2" of memory foam. If your old mattress is in reasonable shape, you could throw a memory foam topper on it and save some $$. I have a 4" topper I've been using for years. I also have a memory foam mattress about 11" thick with 4" being heavy weight memory foam. You don't need a sleep # as the foam adjusts to your body weight and supports you where you need it. No more back aches.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    My wife and I own a Somma tube type water bed which is very comfortable to begin with. We then added a 4" high density memory foam bed topper to it. All I can say is this. It's the best investment in a bed we've ever made. My wife has had a couple of back surgeries, SI joint implants, and quite a few injections. This bed setup we now have allows her to wake up nearly always pain free. I always sleep very well on it and have never awaken with any back pains at all.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For those that have the memory foam type mattresses: I have been concerned about them breaking down or compacting (or whatever the correct term is) where you typically sleep. What are your experiences with those? We bought one of those toppers to go on our mattress and for the first few months, it was great. But now, when you go to bed, you just roll into a hole where it's broken down.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    For those that have the memory foam type mattresses: I have been concerned about them breaking down or compacting (or whatever the correct term is) where you typically sleep. What are your experiences with those? We bought one of those toppers to go on our mattress and for the first few months, it was great. But now, when you go to bed, you just roll into a hole where it's broken down.

This is the reason we're looking at memory foam. Our pillow top has two coves where we sleep and it's only 5 years old. We turn it every 6 months but didn't matter. I've heard the memory foam doesn't break down as much.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    The quality of the memory foam is important. A 10" mattress may have only 2" of memory foam, the rest being a supportive foam. Go for 4". There is cheap memory foam usually determined by the density (more lbs/unit of space is usually better stuff). My pad and mattresses have never developed 'holes'. I believe they were in the 4-5.5lb cu ft(?) range. The ones that do suffer from Alzheimer's, have broken down and don't remember how to bounce back. It's been awhile, but if you go to Ebay and read the blurbs you can learn something about the difference in quality. There is a lot of hype, so read several description, and read carefully. Especially how they measure the density. A good 4" high density memory foam topper use to run about $300 queen size. A complete mattress, somewhat more. I love memory foam. The only downside of memory foam is that it remembers what you said in your sleep and may repeat it back to you in the morning (no worries if yer single)......Good luck.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We spent a lot of $$ on one and after about a year had a nice permanent divot on my side. I loved it for about three months. It's a diff brand than what you are looking at. We called the store and they said "did you rotate it 90 degrees every few weeks for the first six months?" UHm... No... Supposedly you had to do that. Would have been nice to know. Now we have a very expensive guest room mattress and bought a more standard one for our room.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    We spent a lot of $$ on one and after about a year had a nice permanent divot on my side. I loved it for about three months. It's a diff brand than what you are looking at. We called the store and they said "did you rotate it 90 degrees every few weeks for the first six months?" UHm... No... Supposedly you had to do that. Would have been nice to know. Now we have a very expensive guest room mattress and bought a more standard one for our room.

Don't have to do that with a quality foam. And you don't have to spend $2000 to get a good mattress. I did a lot of research before buying. Lots of crap knock-offs out there.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I normally sleep on a pallet with a few bundles of shingles stacked on it. Never have to flip it, turn it, and it doesn't matter if you have an accident. It might not be the most comfortable or the warmest (some A-hole stole my burn barrel so it has been rather chilly and hard lately) but it was the only thing I could find in the alley.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I normally sleep on a pallet with a few bundles of shingles stacked on it. Never have to flip it, turn it, and it doesn't matter if you have an accident. It might not be the most comfortable or the warmest (some A-hole stole my burn barrel so it has been rather chilly and hard lately) but it was the only thing I could find in the alley.
    How do you keep your computer charged up?

Top Bottom