• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I like mine. Bought the bed at least two years ago and used the daughters name for a referral and she hasn't received the gift certificate yet. Accessories are expensive at their stores.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We've had our for about 10 years or so now and we like it. Much better than a regular old mattress. When you do the cost comparisons for a top of the line mattress and a Sleep Number they come in about the same, except you can't adjust a regular mattress. Takes a while to find your best setting for comfort, but once you do it's all good. They've got a very long prorated warranty, too.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Works great!

We have had ours for about eight years. I was having back problems that were so debilitating that my work was suffering (at the time I had to do a lot of heavy lifting everyday). The bed helped immensely! I was rolling out onto the floor in the morning and pulling myself up on the side of the bed. That was with a Sealey,"Posturepedic", mattress that we also paid some big bucks for. I have had a few twinges in the back since but not very often and nothing like the pain I used to have sleeping on a conventional mattress. :) :twocents:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My sis and bro in law had one and loved it til it starting leaking air I think. They also found the black mold in it and it was disgusting! They now have an icomfort and they say they like it a lot more.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    My sis and bro in law had one and loved it til it starting leaking air I think. They also found the black mold in it and it was disgusting! They now have an icomfort and they say they like it a lot more.

I bet the factory would've warranted the product. We've had a sleep number for over a year and absolutely love it. Wouldn't go back to a regular mattress. Pricey at first, but as already pointed out a long-term cost comparison reveals that it's fairly reasonable.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I bet the factory would've warranted the product. We've had a sleep number for over a year and absolutely love it. Wouldn't go back to a regular mattress. Pricey at first, but as already pointed out a long-term cost comparison reveals that it's fairly reasonable.
    Especially when you figure on the lifespan of a regular spring mattress is only 5 years.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've been thinking about getting one of these too. The girl and I have vastly different preferences of bed comfort.

Same reason we got ours too. Had it for about 5 years now and absolutely love it. I can see it lasting a lot longer than a typical spring mattress. I would definately say they are worth it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Seriously considered a top of the line sleep number until I came across reviews on mold issues. Hadn't thought of it before I read the reviews. Do any of you own an air compressor that never draws moisture in the tank? Same thing here. Also, there were a lot of negatives about the pumps. The original went out and went through multiple warranty rebuilt pumps before they finally got one that worked.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    We love ours but.... My number is 55 and my wife's is 35. When she gets out of bed I will automatically roll into her side unless she pumps it up. That's my only complaint.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Its a love or hate thing.

I liked mine until I got married. Then I hated it. No real motion isolation. There is a big foam liner that separates you from your spouse and makes it uncomfortable to snuggle up. If you are past that then might suit you. And my sleep number changed when other person got up or back into bed. Foam liner breaks down over time.

Try a Bowles Mattress. Made in Indiana. Look at the G-700

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    we had one but sent it back for one reason... unless you sleep "normal" aka side by side, exactly where you would as illustrated in the manual (e.g. 6-12" from the edge, exactly parallel to the edge 100% of the time its not comfy.

we tend to migrate diagonally, snuggle, etc. Thanks to the high density foam that runs down the center to isolate the two air packs, it gets damn lumpy and uncomfortable FAST.

But with all that being said, if we were to sleep per the textbook, it was very nice.

Top Bottom