• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Have used a Thermarest ProLite. While its better than a foam roll-up pad, it's not very comfortable for me as a side sleeper. However, I've been looking at these Exped mats and seriously leaning to the DownMat's.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Whole family has thrmarest ultralights except the wife (she has a heavier thermarest.) I have been using mine for 25+ yrs of backpacking, camping, and as a spare bed at the inlaws and have no complaints except that some mummy bags tend to slip around alot (making an annoying amount of noise in the process.)

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I have a Prolite, a neoair, and no name dicks sporting good one. (Dicks sporting good one is actually pretty comfortable, but it weighs close to 2 lbs.) I bought the Prolite on sale and because it's the small it's very light. About 11oz. It's only 3/4 length though. The Neoair is very nice and weighs in at 14oz It's total comfort. I can sleep on my side or what ever and never wake in the night shift around.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    LuxuryLite® - Camp Cot, Compact Cot, Emergency Cot Bed, Survival Cot Bed, UL Cot, Military Cot, Backpacking Cot, Camp Bed, Camping Bed, UltraLight Bed, Motorcycle Cot, MIL Cot, Light Weight Cot, Luxury Cot, LuxuryLite Cot, Boy Scouts Cot, Scouting Co

A little heavier, but you don't have to worry about it going flat in the middle of the night.
    Lifetime warranty on all parts
    And best of all MADE IN USA

I fully understand the need to be light as possible. The problem is that I can not get a good night sleep on a backpacking air mattress. I would rather carry the extra 1.5lbs and use a tarp style tent (no floor, lighter), then to wake up achy.

Top Bottom