• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I want to attach a sling to my S&W MP15. All of my hunting rifles and shotguns have a post that the sling attaches to. But my MP15 has steel loops.

I am unfamiliar with this kind of system and so need some advice on what slings are good and what accessories are used for attaching to the steel loops on my MP15.

Is this something I can buy at Cabelas? Better to purchase online?

Thanks in advance!! :rockwoot:

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Are you talking about loops in between your lower and extention tube? Or the squareish loop on the front under the gas block, or do you have both?

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    As far as slings go, my favorite 2 point sling is the Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling. Blue Force also makes really nice sling adapters. is a "buckel" on the end of a steel cable loop. All you do loop around your weapon, thread it through itself and then attach you sling to it.
    First Spear makes a good 2 point also.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Are you talking about loops in between your lower and extention tube? Or the squareish loop on the front under the gas block, or do you have both?

Please excuse my non-fluency in the terminology. One of the loops is mounted on the bottom of the front sight assembly, just forward of where the quad rail ends, the other loop is at the butt of the collapsible stock.

DSC03582_zps9b5a34dd.jpg

DSC03587_zpsa22ecbf8.jpg

Last edited:

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011

In my opinion the best thing to do is remove both of thoseloops. The rear should be a screw; the front will require you to drill out therivet that holds it on. Then buy a QD rail mounted sling mount. Midwestindustries makes a good one. Now you are set for a Vickers sling. The Vickerswill use your new rail sling mount on the front . The rear of sling mounts tothe slit that is cut in the stock. With this set up you will be able to quicklydisconnect both attachment points of the sling. The front will detach buy wayof the QD sling mount, and the rear will disconnect via a buckle that is partof the sling. This is the exact set up I use on my LR308 AP4.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In my opinion the best thing to do is remove both of thoseloops. The rear should be a screw; the front will require you to drill out therivet that holds it on. Then buy a QD rail mounted sling mount. Midwestindustries makes a good one. Now you are set for a Vickers sling. The Vickerswill use your new rail sling mount on the front . The rear of sling mounts tothe slit that is cut in the stock. With this set up you will be able to quicklydisconnect both attachment points of the sling. The front will detach buy wayof the QD sling mount, and the rear will disconnect via a buckle that is partof the sling. This is the exact set up I use on my LR308 AP4.

I used a MagPul handguard on my M&P 15 and added an Impact Mount-N-Slot QD mount on the front. I replaced the stock with a MagPul (believe it was a CTR) that had an integral QD mount. I did not bother to remove the front loop mount yet.

I use the same sling on my 15-22 and the QD mounts make it very easy to switch between the two.

Top Bottom