• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had it for a month. Did the free trial. It was ok, nice to have some of the cable channels again for only $10 a month.
    I ended up cancelling it because we still watched Netflix more.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We used it for a year. We liked it.

I had the basic plus sports for 25$

Then we switched to Playstation Vue for 30$/month.

It used to be Slings big draw was it was portable BUT you couldn't use Sling to log into a channels app and watch streaming stuff. Not sure if that is still the case.

Vue offered more channels but at first DID not offer streaming while away from home. Now it does and it has an app sign in too. The only thing I miss is History Channel.

What I like about Vue more than Sling is we get Big 10 network and Fox sports IN so I can see Reds games. I can also watch St Louis Blues games on Fox Sports Mw along with several Blackhawk games on NBC SN Chicage.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I did the free trial of Sling and forgot to cancel, so paid one month. Will cancel at the end of the month. Too many channels don't have the shows I want available to stream, just watch live.

It used to be Slings big draw was it was portable BUT you couldn't use Sling to log into a channels app and watch streaming stuff. Not sure if that is still the case.

Vue offered more channels but at first DID not offer streaming while away from home. Now it does and it has an app sign in too. The only thing I miss is History Channel.

What I like about Vue more than Sling is we get Big 10 network and Fox sports IN so I can see Reds games. I can also watch St Louis Blues games on Fox Sports Mw along with several Blackhawk games on NBC SN Chicage.

Have you had any outage issues with Vue? I only ask because I used to use my PS3 for streaming Netflix and such, but the PS network kept going down and it became too much of a hassle to use it. Bought a Roku 3 and have been very happy with it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I had sling for a couple months it was okay but i could watch most of my shows on netflix and could just read the news. It was nice for watching the news on my lunch break though.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I did the free trial of Sling and forgot to cancel, so paid one month. Will cancel at the end of the month. Too many channels don't have the shows I want available to stream, just watch live.

Have you had any outage issues with Vue? I only ask because I used to use my PS3 for streaming Netflix and such, but the PS network kept going down and it became too much of a hassle to use it. Bought a Roku 3 and have been very happy with it.

I haven't. We use Amazon Fire TV to stream. I think Vue is available on the Roku 3 also.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I also use PS Vue and stream directly from the PS4. I compared or to Sling, but Vue had more channels and unlimited DVR storage (unfortunately it expires after 28 days).

I also like the interface with Vue. You can sort by shows or by channel. It does not currently have live local channels like Fox, CBS, NBC, but you can stream shows from those networks the day after air. That has made Hulu obsolete for us.

I pay for the base package at $29.99 mo. I think to get the sports channels foszoe mentioned you have to go up a level which costs slightly more (maybe $10 mo.)

lavready

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Columbus, IN
    My big problem with Sling is that all the news channels offered are super liberal... CNN, HLN, MSNBC, CNBC, NEWSY, and other trash like RT, Fusion.. etc.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    We have had it for over a year and it has worked well for us. I have the sports package as an add on. We don't use it as much as we could since we have Amazon Prime and Netflix. For the $25 a month I think it's a pretty good deal.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You young whippersnappers and your high tech gadgets. I remember only having 4 channels (plus one or two UHF channels). And the tv in my room was black and white. And we liked it!

140207_2724044_Weekend_Update_Segment___Grumpy_Old_Man_anvver_2.jpg

Top Bottom