• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    When I have a problem I'm trying to work out, I ping metal fence posts at the shop while thinking it through.
    We have all been there... Waiting for the wife (or kids) to get moving, I shoot a big rock at the edge of the drive.
    I take one with me when I travel (and I travel a lot) to keep hands/forearms worked out, you don't have to launch anything, just stretching the band helps.
    But like I said, I've always had one, and it reminds me of grandpa when I get it out, it's become a (cheap) habit that's actually good for me since I'm supposed to do PT every day and just stretching the PT bands doesn't do it for me...
    (PT bands give me a constant supply of slings, but don't tell the doctor! ;) )

My wife has learned not to ask when she finds pea gravel in the washer...
    And my jeans have a permanent rub mark on the hip pocket from where the little one rides.
    I guess it beats a snuff can circle that some guys have.

Anyway, like I said, what's old is new again, and gone 'High Tech', which baffles me but if that's your deal, it's OK with me.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I really got into slingshots a few years back. Started with wrist rockets, then homemade board cuts. I bought a few online also. There is all kinds of patterns on the internet. Then I made a few with natural tree forks. I really like the natural forks if you can find a good one.

I found that I got better accuracy using cast pistol bullets for ammo. My favorite was a 38 special full wadcutter bullet. They sit very solidly in the pouch without movement. Round ammo is more difficult to shoot. It tends to change position in the pouch during the draw. I always shot at my targets with a cloth backstop. Ammo drops right there for reuse.

One safety tip, never shoot a slingshot without safety glasses. When a band breaks, and they do, they can come right back at you face. People have been blinded or seriously hurt.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I agree with safety glasses, I wear polycarbonate lenses all the time.

One trick for round balls, punch a small hole in the sling back, and the ball will sit in that depression much better.
    Once you get used to centering the ball on that small hole, you won't have such a tendency to shift sling left or right when you grip it.

Top Bottom