• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...And after watching those hours, how many times has the dog NOT "alerted" (even when there's no behavior change)?...

I too have watched hours of it. I can't remember a dog NOT alerting. But I only remember ONE time the dog alerted and they found nothing.:dunno:

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Not to disrupt the discussion on the price of weed in Indiana...

And after watching those hours, how many times has the dog NOT "alerted" (even when there's no behavior change)?

Officer Chompy can also be conditioned to alert on searches (usually by the handler, but sometimes by training).
    How much praise do you see given by the handler after "alerts" vs. praise after actual alerts/seizures?

While I'm never giving consent, I'm under no illusion that this will produce anything other than delay until a K-9 walk-around, immediately followed by P.C. search.
    But sometimes a little inconvenience happens when we exercise our rights.

I've read similar, and was wondering about this as well, and interested to hear if any one has definite knowledge of this, but seems the dog can be conditioned to "alert" to create PC.

But yeah, not that I am transporting anything, but I just don't see consenting to a search in this situation.

I think their problems started before that:

When Simmons spoke with the driver from Columbus, Ohio and a passenger from Eureka, California, the officer became suspicious of their travel itinerary.

If they hadn't said anything, their lawyer might have had options that they don't have now.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder what happens to these guys when they cost their bosses in the cartel that kind of cabbage.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have to wonder what happens to these guys when they cost their bosses in the cartel that kind of cabbage.

They have to expect some amount of loss. I'm sure it's dependent on the situation, but some of that must be factored into the cost of doing business.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They have to expect some amount of loss. I'm sure it's dependent on the situation, but some of that must be factored into the cost of doing business.

I think about some of the troops who worked for me in the USAF, some of them I wouldn't have trusted moving 85 pounds of weed. Not that they smoke it all, but they were doofuses and would mess it all up. Some could take care of business, no problem. The three of us who worked Central Command Air Forces Forward back in the day? We'd have been kingpins!

Is this the same as what the big pot movers deal with? Who do you send out with half a pound in a car that screams stolen in hopes they get caught? Who do you trust moving a metric crap-ton of weed?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Bulk (small bulk - a pound or less per transaction)
    discounts for good California medical grade stuff in the central IN market was $350-400/oz roughly 10 years ago.

Top Bottom