• fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    Taurus 738

I purchased a used Taurus 738 for $175. It didn't work, so I sent it off to Taurus and got it back in 10 days, looking like new. It shoots great, small and compact and fits in most pants pockets.
    I also have a North American Arms mini revolver, holds 5 rounds and you can get them in .22s, lr and mag.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    My wife carries her TCP 738 daily. A coworker also has one. No complaints from either of them. My wife's had a couple jamming problems with Fiocchi, but has been flawless with all other ammo (including Federal Hydrashoks).

When my wife got her 738 a friend invited us to a small private range to test his new LCP against it. He is admittedly a better shot than either my wife or I, and in his hands his LCP was consistently more accurate in slow aimed fire than our 738. In a rapid fire mag dump test against a silhouette at 7 yards my group with the 738 could easily be covered with a fist and was centered in a great spot. His LCP "pattern" covered the entire torso with very few shots in desirable locations for quick incapacitation. I don't know what made the difference, but I do know that I trust my wife's TCP 738 with her life and will soon be getting one myself for the specific purpose of the OP.

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    ive shot all three and owned two of them. the taurus is the only one that has the slide lock when mag is empty. but to me they all shoot the same. the keltecs finish will wear after a few months. but its up to u

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    .38 Special wheel gun!!!! :-)

If you do not wish for a wheel gun do not overlook the Bersa. I like mine even though it is the next to final choice for carrying (Mustang is my final choice for when I have to go really, really small).

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have an LCP and a P238. The P238 shoots better, but I find myself carrying the LCP more often just for size factor. It fits nicely in my pocket.

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    I am also a bigger guy and what works for me is the Taurus 709 slim, been in the back pocket and on my ankle, shoots well and inexpensive, my other was the colt mustang, I carried it until I seen the price going up then it became a safe queen....lol
    good luck, remember your life is worth more than trying to save a dollar or two

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    I carry a p3at. I have the mag extension finger rest so my sausage fingers can get a better grip on it. Horrible gun, but very concealable and for me at least, very reliable.

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I've pocket carried an LCP for about a year. Comfortable to carry and very accurate to shoot once you get used to it's small size. I've put about 1000 rounds through it and not one issue.

adanamo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I carry a tuarus tcp... i tried the lcp and it feels weird in the hand like i cant get a good grip on it, also shot the kel tech and for some reason i couldnt find a comfortable grip without hitting the mag realease. i think i dropped the mag on almost every round i fired. Not to mention the tcp also has a slide lock which is also nice.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I just bought a TCP the other day, I posted a thread about it in the handgun section. Check it out if you want. I paid $166 for the gun + shipping and FFL. Out the door I was right at $185. Came with only 1 mag though.

Top Bottom