• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It wasn't on your list, but I'm guessing the the Glock 27 isn't as small or thin as you may want/like. Or it may not give you anything over the XDsc.

I love mine. It's snappy but the gun is heavy enough to handle the recoil fine. I can shoot it as well as my full size semi-autos. Just another thought.

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    I have a Kahr CW .40 I use for one of my CC guns and it has been very reliable, but is not much fun to shoot with defensive ammo. I really enjoy shooting the kahr, but I regret getting the .40cal so I will most likely sell it and replace it with the CW 9. The CW is very accurate, hides very well and has a “grease on glass” smooth trigger. If you are thinking about the Kahr I would recommend the “less expensive” CW/CM line over the P/ PM line and use the money you saved on night sights.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The biggest difference with the size is width.

g26_vs_kahr_pm-9_2.jpg

jimes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    West Lafayette
    I'd go with the Kahr. For the money, you get the greatest versatility as well as a better ability to make it an everyday carry. It is a little more expensive, but you wont be unsatisfied.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    If you go with the Kahr I'd recommend either the K40 or MK40. The metal frame is heavier, but certainly helps with controlability.

Also--I'd be willing to bet that in the next year or so you'll see an LC40 from Ruger... :twocents:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    For my $$...I've always reverted back to a Glock...they are the original...and the best!

My wife and I both have Gen 2 Compact sized Glocks...hers is a 19 in 9mm and mine is a 23 in .40 (we found them both, NIB this past year and we love the older grip style). I can conceal it just fine and the grip is comfortable for me and the grip angle is 'just right' for me when I point it.

I've had 3 x Gen 3 Model 32's and a 33 in .357sig, a Gen 3 23...and my wife has had 2 model 26's in 9mm. Amongst the other pistols we've owned in between (Colt, Kahr, Walther, etc) and we've always come back to Glocks. I've got a feeling we're sticking with these 2 for a long time!

However...if I had the $$...I would probably be practicing with a Springfield EMP...her's in 9mm and mine in .40...who knew?

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry the Kahr PM40 in a Guru Dave holster. I am not a very big guy so carrying concealed is sometimes hard to do. This gun in the Guru Dave holster allows me to carry invisibly.
    Here is the setup:
    KahrPM40GuruDaveholster.jpg

I can wear this in the back pocket of my Levis and nobody knows:
    WearingtheKahr.jpg

I bought this gun new at Bradis with night sights as soon as Kahr came out with the PM40. It is very small. It handles well but kicks hard. I can carry concealed with any clothing except a speedo.:):

Pros: This Kahr works very well. I have good accuracy with it. It is slim enough to carry like a wallet. I will never sell it. (from a guy who would sell his mother for the right price)

Cons: Will not feed hollow points reliably. Will put blisters on your hand if you shoot 50 rounds or more. Drawing from the pocket holster is not a speed event.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry the Kahr PM40 in a Guru Dave holster. I am not a very big guy so carrying concealed is sometimes hard to do. This gun in the Guru Dave holster allows me to carry invisibly.
    Here is the setup:

I can wear this in the back pocket of my Levis and nobody knows:

I bought this gun new at Bradis with night sights as soon as Kahr came out with the PM40. It is very small. It handles well but kicks hard. I can carry concealed with any clothing except a speedo.:):

Pros: This Kahr works very well. I have good accuracy with it. It is slim enough to carry like a wallet. I will never sell it. (from a guy who would sell his mother for the right price)

Cons: Will not feed hollow points reliably. Will put blisters on your hand if you shoot 50 rounds or more. Drawing from the pocket holster is not a speed event.

That would be one shocked pickpocket if he attemped to take that wallet. How is it to sit on it?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just noticed this got resurrected! I still haven't picked up a small .40, though my wife has promised me a new handgun for Christmas this year.

@rotortech - thanks for the detailed report and pics! That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I own a PM40. Have shot 300/400 rounds thru it. I like the looks, size, and feel of the gun. Works 100%. However it is very hard to shoot accurately and does have a lot of recoil.

Top Bottom