• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    bought this for the truck
    pretty good price for what it has in it, but it is pretty much a bumps and bruises kit with a splint

the pockets in the top tilt up so there is room for about twice a much analgesic stuff in the spots (assuming you buy those damn one dose packs)

if you were upgrading for camping, hunting trips etc, what would you put in it
    I am not any sort of a first responder, this is for me and family or my friends on a camping trip sort of a box
    I am not qualified to sew people up or pour quick clot into a sucking chest wound

it has two levels and the box measure about 13x10x4
    water resistant, but I sure as hell would not want to dunk it
    pics to follow

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    unopened box

1082420084_Kmwwc-L.jpg

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    top tray
    added a tube of neo with pain relief because I had some around and a bottle of burns like hell liquid bandage. a goo pair of tweezers
    added some butterfly strips, needs good emt scissors and a couple of hemostats

1082420293_RepxV-L.jpg

top rows up close, they tilt up so I put the meds it came with in the back row which frees up some room, but it looks like I need to get those stupid single dose pack

1082420160_NxkHw-L.jpg

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    both rows titled up

1082420227_6cnTm-L.jpg

and the bottom tray

1082420388_SHB5k-L.jpg

so knowing the space available and it typical purpose what would you add to it

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I did search and rescue from 1999 to 2003. One thing we seemed to need the most of was rubber gloves, I reccomend the latex free ones incase whom ever you are using them on is allergic to latex. Also, id make a copy of any first aid qualifications you may have from the red cross and put a copy in the box. Extra gauze if you could fit it would come in handy, also, in case I missed it, a couple small but yet strong dowel rods for tourniquet, I found a pair of small aluminum knitting needles about 6 to 8 in long to be the best and they r pretty cheap.

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I'd ditch the ice pack and add a 3" elastic bandage. You don't have room for a 4 1/2" bandage roll or I say to add one (or two). A military banadge would fit.

Any extra space I'd load up on 4"x4" or 3"x3" gauze pads and bandage rolls.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Along with what was said earlier, I would also like to suggest some self adhering bandage i.e. Coban, and I would also like to suggest a SAM splint or two. Since they are moldable, they are good for comfort, Joints, and straight immobilization.

also, if you have a CPR cert, I strongly suggest a face shield/face mask. Last thing you want to be hunting for when you need it. Extra gloves are always needed.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have the exact same kit in my truck! Added a few nitrile gloves, LOTS of Tylenol, a box of assorted band-aids, and a tube of Neosporin. Handy little kit to have around, and I dig into it often.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    since i just ran a saw through my leg like trying to carve a turkey. I would recommend a box of the steri strips and i don't know what the larger bandages are in the kit, but maybe some of the ones that aren't supposed to stick to the wounds. Also what is in the kit for flushing wounds? they have the sterile saline flush &/or betadine.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Emergency blanket unless you have some real blankets in your trunk.
    Salt and sugar, always good for first aid and free in restaurants.
    A good flashlight if you dont have one already there.
    Add some surgipads for severe bleeding if there is nothing like that in the kit.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Bandana, 2cm diameter dowel approx 6" long, 4x4 gauze, non-stick gauze, 2x2 gauze, coban (cheaper at animal stores), neosporin, tylenol, ibuprofen, bandaids, steri-strips, butterflies, medic scissors, vinyl exam gloves (10 bucks at wally's for 100), and last but not least, wound cleaner. (for a basic kit)

You might want to keep a ziplock bag with some white (new) dishtowels in to help hold in place over a bleed. Also, try to get into a working knowledge of your pack before you ever go to use it. It would suck to have everything there in its cubbies, and have no idea where the tape is.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I like keeping some waterproof bandaids in my packs because they actually stick.

As for adding for camping I would add some extra meds benadryl, anti-diahrial, and stuff for stings/rashes (poison ivy)

Top Bottom