• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I picked up a small metal flashlight from the check out at Wal Mart and I was wondering if there were any good ones (3-4in length). The one I have has several LEDs, button on the back, runs on 3 AAAs, and is mostly metal. However it was $3 so I'm assuming it either breaks easy or runs through batteries and I was wondering if there were any notable flashlights that are of a similar dimension.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    These little suckers are awesome. I use mine every day several times. 35 lumens, single led, 1 AA battery (a single battery will last nearly a year). I have never ordered them from this site, I pick up several at every gun show I go to and use them as gifts. I found the one I use at a truck stop in WV but have never seen them since other than at gun shows or online. They are about the size of a 12g shell.
    NEBO Flashlight CSI LUMA35

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a couple of NEBO brand flashlights and I have to say for the price I am quite impressed with them. I know several other people that own them and none of us have had any problems with them.
    My personal favorite is my Streamlight Microstream though. I really like Streamlight products, they have several models that I like very much. I really like the price of the Streamlights as well.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Those little lights (the ones that use 3 AAA batteries) are great. I think Harbor Freight was even giving them away as a promo! Cheap and good light: a great combination.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Those little lights (the ones that use 3 AAA batteries) are great. I think Harbor Freight was even giving them away as a promo! Cheap and good light: a great combination.

After about 3 months of use, mine went to the trash. I kept it in my range bag as a back up light for searching the range bag, so it only got used about a half dozen times. The rubber pressure switch cap didn't stay where it was supposed to and got buried down in the casing. That being said, I didn't expect much for a free light. I got 3 months of use out of it, so no real complaints. Just not something I would trust.

My personal favorite is my Streamlight Microstream though.

This ^^^^. After many months of use and abuse, it is absolutely the best $15 i've spent in a long time. It is extremely compact, durable, and puts out a great light. I carry and use it at work, camping, my range bag, and it even came in handy at Christmas time at some extended family's house when I ended up having to help put in some wiring. I was glad I had it on me.

I've been successfully using Streamlight products-- specifically the MicroStream, PolyTac LED, and PT2L.

Another believer...and from a guy who I believe has used it much longer than I, and always seems to be pursuasive during his endorsements....which leads me to :spend:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Big plus 1 for the MicroStream

BTW I just picked up the new Maglite XL50 the simplfied XL100 and I have to give a Big PLUS 1 on it also
    Maglite® XL50? LED Flashlight

both of these above lights won't break the bank and the XL50 is a MAGLITE, AMERICAN MADE AND SUPER DUPER GREAT COMPANY

Maglite may not be the sexiest but for 30years they have been my friends

I've been successfully using Streamlight products-- specifically the MicroStream, PolyTac LED, and PT2L.

Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream | Streamlight

Tactical Hand-Held Series - PolyTac LED | Streamlight

ProTac Series - ProTac 2L | Streamlight

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I got the mag light solitaire model for pretty cheap (it's been awhile, I don't remember the exact price) and it hasn't failed me yet. I use it on a regular basis.

Mr.Strato

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Just yesterday I bought a
    mini maglite & solitaire from wal-mart for 9 bucks.
    2 lites, batteries and spare bulbs included-that's a deal!
    Plus...don't know why, but I actually read the instructions!
    The top comes off the mini mag, turn the top upside down, stick the mini mag in it and you got a candle-lite! Pretty Cool!

Bart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Seymour
    Another +1 for the Streamlight microstream. Takes 1 AAA battery. It is a great light. Small, durable, and good light output. Not very expensive either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom