• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    You have the G22, why not stay with Glock and .40? Go with the G23 or G27. Both are great guns, and will give you the familiar feeling of your G22 in a smaller CC size. I have the G22 currently and have been looking at the G27 for awhile now. I think that will be my next purchase after my Rem 700 is complete.

:+1:

I had the same delimma a few years ago, and ended up saving my money for a couple of extra months and bought the G27. I am very glad I did. It is a tad bit bigger than the smaller "pocket" guns, and I am certain a bit heavier, but is well worth sacrificing those points for something I am comfortable with and that I am confident will operate correctly. It also keeps me from having to "stock" two different calibers.

The G23 IMHO is a bit big for summer time carry, although I know several people manage quite well with it.

My :twocents:.....

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-glock_carry_gun_--_kahr_arms_cw9_review.html

read my review on my new Kahr Arms CW9 BEFORE you buy yourself a 'needs to worked on already' Kel-tec.

Kahr has had their own problems as have all firearms. You will find problems on almost all that you can think of if you look.

Not a small carry pistol but one of the firearms I have found very little problems with on the net is the high capacity Bersa 9mm. Great gun.

I also carry a Bersa 380 CC. There are reports on the web with the trigger spring but Bersa has a lifetime warranty so you can get any problem taken care of with shipping. Yeah, I know, some complain about shipping but I just shipped my bike back to the mfg for $80 with insurance but it would have cost me more to have it welded up here. My 380 has had no problems.

That said, I usually carry a full size 9mm or 45. When I need more concealment I might take my Bersa 380CC. If I need even more, I take my Keltec P3AT, which, by the way, I have had no problems with.

Let me say for minimalism, the Keltec P3AT is a winner. I think it is ugly, snappy to shoot, but about as light as you can get and serves it's purpose well. Since most murders are made with 22's, I don't have a problem using a 380 for protection, especially since my great grandma carried a 32 blackpowder topbreak revolver for protection and used it for such purposes down on the border.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Third on the Kahr CW9 (or the P9 if you want to spend the extra $$). It is easily concealed in a tuckable IWB holster, such as the High Noon Split Decision. IMO, you probably don't have to step all the way down to a 380 acp to get what you're looking for.

The baby Glocks will probably conceal this way for you as well and, if you're fine with their extra thickness over something like the Kahr, you get a few rounds more capacity and some magazine compatability, within caliber, with your existing Glock.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I guess it depends on your definition of concealability. If I am going out running or biking, depending on where I am going, I don't want to have any printing at all, since some of the best places to run/bike don't allow carry and some of the best run/bike areas are questionable at best by looking at the latest news. Smallest is best in this case and the Keltec P3AT or the Ruger will fit the bill and make you smile.

If you are not too worried about printing with a shirt out then the mid sized pistols are great. They also work with ankle holsters.

If you can conceal a large pistol, then any of the full sized ones will fit the ticket. I think I could conceal carry an FNP 45, IWB with shirt tucked, with the right holster, which I will probably have to make myself.

I carry all. Mini for running or biking. Mid for my computer case or better concealment. Full sized when I go IWB and shirt out.

I think there is a place for all sizes.

I do have a love/hate relationship with my P3AT. It is nasty to shoot, but a dream to conceal.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been happy with my Bersa Thunder 380. It seems accurate and has not failed once in any way in the 200 rounds put through it. It carries well and is fairly thin and feels good in the hand. They run between $250 and $300 and seem like a decent deal given the experience so far. I've been carrying mine almost exclusively lately over the 1911 I normally carry in non-summer months.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I've seen a few people suggest the CW9. I think the PM9 is a more comparable Kahr to the P3AT in every way other than price over the CW9. You don't give up anything other than a few more dollars and 1 round by going smaller with the PM9 instead of the CW9.

That being said I think my PM9 is too large for pocket carry but was unwilling to downgrade from 9mm to .380.

If I had to pick a "pocket sized" pistol it would be the ruger LCP for an extra $20 over the P3AT simply because it feels more than $20 better in my hand.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Used to carry a S&W 640 with +P ammo. Moved on to a CZ82 in 9x18. A little heavy but it holds 12 rounds and rides in my IWB holster really well. Very reliable and shoots really well. My next pistol is going to be a CW9.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    That being said I think my PM9 is too large for pocket carry but was unwilling to downgrade from 9mm to .380.

This of course will be different for different people, but I front pocket carry my PM9 every day. I don't wear shorts and wear the same type jeans or Dockers all year round so there is no Summer/Winter carry difference for me. The PM9 goes with me and is very comfortable.

xd45in

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Knox County
    :+1:

I had the same delimma a few years ago, and ended up saving my money for a couple of extra months and bought the G27. I am very glad I did. It is a tad bit bigger than the smaller "pocket" guns, and I am certain a bit heavier, but is well worth sacrificing those points for something I am comfortable with and that I am confident will operate correctly. It also keeps me from having to "stock" two different calibers.

The G23 IMHO is a bit big for summer time carry, although I know several people manage quite well with it.

My :twocents:.....

I agree I would go with another Glock,maybe a 19,26,23,or a 27
    all are very easy to conceal IWB.

just my:twocents:

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I usually have a S&W model 37 air weight on me. Small and light. I typically have it in a pocket holster which can also be slipped inside the waist.
    parson

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I love the P3AT for hot weather. I'll stick tomy 1911 or M&P9C in colder weather. I have had zero issues with the Keltec - great little weapon

Top Bottom