• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Percentage wise the NRA membership is very small compared to the number of gun owners. They could double in size and still have only a small percentage of gun owners but as a gun lobby they would weld huge amount of voter influence.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Ok your point is? You don't have to be a member of and organization to have the same interest.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My point is this there is power in numbers. Why do you think MADD is such a powerful lobby. There are plenty of people who agree with their ideas but the numbers of their organization is the reason we have the laws enacted. Sad fact is politicians react to any powerful lobby. If any anti gun lobby comes up with an organization with the numbers of MADD there will be no private ownership of guns.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i'm unsure why any lobbyist have to do with it.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

we need people to take senators out on man-dates with strippers, booze, and handjobs to uphold this?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    My point is this there is power in numbers. Why do you think MADD is such a powerful lobby. There are plenty of people who agree with their ideas but the numbers of their organization is the reason we have the laws enacted. Sad fact is politicians react to any powerful lobby. If any anti gun lobby comes up with an organization with the numbers of MADD there will be no private ownership of guns.

That my friend would cause a revolution.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    i'm unsure why any lobbyist have to do with it.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

we need people to take senators out on man-dates with strippers, booze, and handjobs to uphold this?

Unfortunately yes, until that doesn't work, and then you are looking at some form of civil disobedience, followed by armed insurrection. I for one hope the lobbyist work for at least a while longer.

Top Bottom