• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Almost my entire life I have seen this plane flying around the west side of town. It is a single engine Cessna type plane with PATROL on the underside of the pilot's side wing. I have always wondered what it was and who flies it. Anybody know? I know it isn't the CIA or FBI because the plane is white not black.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I know in Michigan and some other states, they catch speeders using planes. If there are white lines painted perpendicular to the road in every 1/4 mile for a mile this might be what he is doing. The lines might also be 1/8 mile apart for half a mile. They time you with a stopwatch from the plane to determine your speed.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I was in Civil Air Patrol as a kid. It was fun. I was also given a ticket in Florida after being "Clocked" by a low flying Cessna. It is the easiest type speeding ticket to get out of, to many variables. I see a low flying plane around Martinsville often on my way to Bloomington.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I was fishing last Wednesday and saw the same type of plane over my property in northern Owen County. No reason for any type of patrol out there at this time of year. I am curious about this plane myself.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My friend owns property out by Monrovia and we go shooting there sometimes. Usually after about 30-45 minutes of shooting a small plane will start circling over head. Never noticed any markings or call signs on it before. Makes ya wonder how much they do watch us.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've seen a plane like that zooming over 37 here in Bloomington, just North of B-town a way though. It was almost doing figure eights up and down the highway. We watched as we drove S. and it was ahead of us. It was early last fall.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've seen a plane like that zooming over 37 here in Bloomington, just North of B-town a way though. It was almost doing figure eights up and down the highway. We watched as we drove S. and it was ahead of us. It was early last fall.

Doing figure eights over a highway is a flight training technique. The highway makes a convenient straight line to use as a reference point. The object is to keep your turns to perfect half-circles even when there's a crosswind.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    FEMA

It's the FEMA concentration camp patrol plane. It flies out of the Beech Grove railyard. If you see or hear this plane, be sure your tinfoil hat doesn't reflect sunlight toward it. They can zero-in on those reflections and broadcast old basketball games with Dick Vitale commentary directly into your brain. :rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    FYI: The INGO Tactical hats have a built-in tinfoil lining so you can stay stylish even while reflecting the mind-control waves.

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    It's the FEMA concentration camp patrol plane. It flies out of the Beech Grove railyard. If you see or hear this plane, be sure your tinfoil hat doesn't reflect sunlight toward it. They can zero-in on those reflections and broadcast old basketball games with Dick Vitale commentary directly into your brain. :rolleyes:

I knew it.

In all seriousness I appreciate all the replies. The only thing that kind of concerned me is the rate of speed that they fly at low altitudes and some of the erratic turns they make. I know they aren't clocking anybody as they are not flying over any roads that you would be able to get up to any amount of speed for a long enough time before having to stop at a light again.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My friend owns property out by Monrovia and we go shooting there sometimes. Usually after about 30-45 minutes of shooting a small plane will start circling over head. Never noticed any markings or call signs on it before. Makes ya wonder how much they do watch us.

I was helping conduct a pistol course at a remote site in southern IN in 2004. We had been doing live-fire stuff for about 2 hours on the morning of the second day, when we heard a helicopter approaching low, loud and fast; it was an IN State Police Jet Ranger. They hovered about 100 yards away while the guy in the door scoped us out with binoculars. We waved, and resumed our scheduled activities. They stayed and watched for a couple minutes, then left. We figure the folks living in the trailer at the bottom of the hill (who had been notified in writing of the scheduled course several weeks prior) got pissed off that we'd started shooting at 8am, and called the law.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Gentlemen........... meet me in the survival forum. I think I saw this same plane flying near Beech Grove firearms on main street near the "train depot"! Bring rice and water.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN

So did they scrap the black helicopters or what?

Top Bottom