• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    His logic is impeccable. However, in answer to your question, smart meters are not the devil. The man that installs smart meters is the devil.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    What ever happened to the days of the old meters. The ones you could pull out and put in upside down and they would run backwards. I know they used to have ones that you could do that with, but now you cant even pull the meter without them knowing. This seems like something that will take away a lot of those every important things people call JOBS.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had one put on the back of my house. The electric bill usually ran $100/month year round for the several years I lived there. Plus, I never paid my bill late even one time, so it was not like I was a dead beat. The next month the electric bill was $2400.00! Even when I presented the calculations that the lines that feed the house could not even carry the current that $2400.00 represents they said too bad. I asked them to check the prior history and the Duke billing department supervisor would not budge. I called for service and explained it to them. They took care of it and the bills ran right at $100/month again. Mistakes can be made but when the people you are talking to cannot even comprehend basic logic, it can be pretty trying on you patience

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They mandated them in the north Dallas suburbs so they could lay off all the meter readers. LOTS of screaming people because of all the accuracy/billing error problems. The smart meter sends a digital reading back to the power company and a computer generates a bill. The system has lots of problems.

ShadowLeader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Paragon, IN
    Perhaps if he wants people to be more convinced he could explain in detail what the infared technology is and how it can look into your home to see what you are doing.

And the beer didn't help either:ar15:

GM_Geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    A few years ago I came home to find my electric meter had been replaced. The installation was sloppy with a black phone line draped across my white siding from the meter to the phone box. Called the power company and asked about the meter. They told me yes we installed a new meter it is a cost savings. Great idea I reply how much money will I save? Them what? Well the way I see it your using the phone line I pay for will there be a credit on my bill every time you use it? I had a standard meter the next day.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    A few years ago I came home to find my electric meter had been replaced. The installation was sloppy with a black phone line draped across my white siding from the meter to the phone box. Called the power company and asked about the meter. They told me yes we installed a new meter it is a cost savings. Great idea I reply how much money will I save? Them what? Well the way I see it your using the phone line I pay for will there be a credit on my bill every time you use it? I had a standard meter the next day.

I would definitely have a problem with that too. However, I doubt the newer ones use phone lines. There are too many homes that don't even use one anymore. Including mine.

Top Bottom