• Status
    Not open for further replies.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Has there been any discussion about INGunOwners developing an app for Smart Phones? I'm new to the site and am simply thinking outloud...I would throughly enjoy an app on my iphone.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What would the purpose of the App be? There are a bunchof general shooting-related apps out there for the iPhone.

Would it be an App specific for reading and posting on INGO?

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    What would the purpose of the App be? There are a bunchof general shooting-related apps out there for the iPhone.

Would it be an App specific for reading and posting on INGO?

In regards to your question: Yes. That was my thought, being able to access and use INGO on the go in an easier format....just my thoughts.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The reason for not using an app is the Google ads don't load on them. This cuts revenue. You might try Forum Runner or Tapatalk and see if it will load on them.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The reason for not using an app is the Google ads don't load on them. This cuts revenue. You might try Forum Runner or Tapatalk and see if it will load on them.

Both of those require integration to the site. And unless things have changed, many security vulnerabilities existed for many of these types of adds.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    vBulliten developed their own mobile plug in, but so far it's really really horrible both in implementation and use.

Just get a better phone. :D

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I wonder how much the app would be too make up the lost revenue. I would pay $20 a year for a iPhone friendly app.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You would be surprised how much is lost. I use the Safari browser in my iPhone and iPad with no problems. Not sure about the other OS's though.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I'm on it every day with Mozilla on an HTC Thunderbolt. You do have to do a little left and right scrolling but it works just fine. Plus the valuable information in the ads comes through as well..

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I'm on it every day with Mozilla on an HTC Thunderbolt. You do have to do a little left and right scrolling but it works just fine. Plus the valuable information in the ads comes through as well..

Im beginning to see what you mean. I had the time to use it on my iphone today for a bit. Not the best way as an app, but still somewhat easy and functional to use a website on a 4in screen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If all you're doing is reading threads and limited posting, viewing on an iPhone isn't a bad experience. But many of the javascript base features don't work well or at all in some cases. Search is difficult but possible, rep simply doesn't work at all. I wish VB would make their app more moble friendly.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    You would be surprised how much is lost. I use the Safari browser in my iPhone and iPad with no problems. Not sure about the other OS's though.

I do the same thing. Its actually fine on the iPad, especially in landscape. A bit of a pain on the iPhone due to the screen size, but doable, sort of...

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Ive tried surfing INGO on my Evo 4, it does ok but really sucks the battery down. If there was an app would it be easier on the battery?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom