• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've been very happy with my VivoActive 3, especially the navigation and usefulness during overnight hikes. The activity tracking has been motivating for weight loss and improving my general fitness. If that sort of thing appeals to you in addition to the normal smart watch features, take a look at Garmin.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious what most smart watch users use their watch for, beyond timekeeping and fitness apps? What other apps do you use?

Weather, txting, ???

Texting, seeing who a call is from or what a message is without having to fish out the phone, controlling my music while jogging without having to fish out my phone, navigation while hiking, saving the location of the trail head in case I get lost (err...temporarily disoriented), and the fitness apps.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Texting, seeing who a call is from or what a message is without having to fish out the phone, controlling my music while jogging without having to fish out my phone, navigation while hiking, saving the location of the trail head in case I get lost (err...temporarily disoriented), and the fitness apps.

Thanks for the info!

This is helpful, as I didn't necessarily plan on fitness being part of my uses for the smart watch. The further I study, the more I think that committing to fitness tracking might well encourage me work on it a bit harder. Also a justification for the watch investment.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I blame it on snorko!

20191028-210520.jpg

Top Bottom