• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Not yet. Been to a couple gun shops with no help. Midwest in mishawaka said they wont try to order a mag for an out of production gun. I am about to embark on gunbroker for some mags and if i can find some followers and springs i will probably rebuild the 2 defective ones i have.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Not yet. Been to a couple gun shops with no help. Midwest in mishawaka said they wont try to order a mag for an out of production gun. I am about to embark on gunbroker for some mags and if i can find some followers and springs i will probably rebuild the 2 defective ones i have.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    It's admittedly been several years since I got my mag springs and followers, but I ordered them from Brownell's. They'd be the first place I'd check with if I were you. The next would be Numrich/The Gun Parts Corp.

For springs, there's always Wolff. If you can't readily locate a source for followers, you might try contacting Brownell's tech help line or Wayne Novak's shop. Mr. Novak is rightly respected for his expertise with S&W semiautos and may be able to point you towards a possible source for replacements.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    UPDATE: Issue resolved. I found some new mags with black followers at the crown point gun show today Brownells was sold out of this mag. So the 4566 will be rotated into daily carry soon.

I would of saved you some money and traded you black follower mags, but its all good. The metal follower and metal base plate mag I have is for the 645 but still works the same in my 4506.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    All of my replacement followers where black....never saw a metal follower in a smith.

I have seen the orange in 9 and 40, just not a 45 that I've owned....I heard the colors coordinated with the "dash" series of gun....like a 4516-1 was blue, but a 4516-2 was black, and a no dash was yellow?....?

God bless
    - Shred
    A little late but here's the one mag I have that's all metal.

Top Bottom