• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Seems like you see more quality control issue complaints with S&W than the other big names recently My brand new S&W 1911TA and what I found inside it...UPDATE #20-Grrrr!

I was disappointed with casting and stamping flaws on a revolver purchased this year, the gun works well however. My bottom line with S & W is I won't buy anything that I can't look over very closely (in your case I'd want to have the slide removed in the shop to facilitate inspection).

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    External extractor is a non-starter for me. Other than that, they appear to be VERY nice for their price range.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have had a Gunsite Sc Commander model for a few years now. For the last couple if years at least, it has been the 1911 I shoot most. I have had no trouble with the external extractor but the plunger tube did loosen up and had to be sent back. They fixed it quick and it never happened again.
    Fwiw, the last two SA 1911s I've had got loose plunger tubes pretty quick, so maybe I have a curse there.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Seems like you see more quality control issue complaints with S&W than the other big names recently My brand new S&W 1911TA and what I found inside it...UPDATE #20-Grrrr!

I was disappointed with casting and stamping flaws on a revolver purchased this year, the gun works well however. My bottom line with S & W is I won't buy anything that I can't look over very closely (in your case I'd want to have the slide removed in the shop to facilitate inspection).
    wow, i've always like S & W:n00b:

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    Wow I guess all companies have a couple that fall thru the cracks..IMO. this being a higher end model should have a different CC method. The one I'm looking at has the best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911. it is truly an amazing gun but I'll be sure to check it over close before I plop down any money. What would you all consider a fair price on one that has had 500 rds thru it. like new. I'm thinking any used gun in this price range should be two to three hundred lower than when new. your thoughts??

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The S&W 1911's are sweet. Don't put too much emphasis on internet complaints of firearms. IMHO, the complainers of any brand are given way too much bandwidth compared to the satisfied customers. S&W service has a great reputation, as well.

Top Bottom