• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    I have an M&P 40 I enjoy shooting and it feels good in my hand. I also like shooting my Glock 17. I really couldn't tell the difference in recoil. My only experience with a 357 was with a S&W 686 with a 6" barrel. All I remember is it was LOUD and I preferred shooting the .38 specials in it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Here is my two cents.

Get the .40 cal m&p, and then the very cheap sixty dollar .357 barrel for it. The mags work for both, and if you end up shooting it in competition, they will require you to shoot the caliber marked on the gun.

The story with the triggers is....stock trigger is really pretty bad, pro series is a tad better, and if you put in a Apex kit it becomes pretty good.

I love my m&p, it is a 9mm tho.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I went ahead and got the .357 m&p just because it was a good deal made a trade no money. I am glad you said something about having to shoot what is on the gun in matches I didn't know that. I was thinking about buying the .40 barrel for it but I have a .40 so I might just wait and see. I haven't shot it yet.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have an M&P .375c but I have never shot the sig barrel. Came with a .40 barrel as well and that is what I loaded up. I have a few boxes of .375 sig and want to take it out for a spin. I have heard that the sig round is quite snappy in the little pistols.

Oh and about the trigger... I was ready to sell or trade the compact after a few mags. It was horrible. I actually took it apart to look for the sand that had to be in there. The trigger was so gritty that I stopped carrying it until my Apex sear came in. Took just a few minutes to swap and then a few hundred dry fire rounds and I was good to go. Brought the size of my 30' shots to almost half of what they were.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have an M&P 9mm that I carry frequently. One thing that I really liked about the interchangeable backstraps was that I could stipple them without risking ruining the frame. Made a huge difference. I typically run the smallest backstrap for CC, and the added texture really helps.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    I have the M&P 9mm. The Apex sear is very good. You can also search the web for instructions on how to modify your sear. I modified my sear with good results but the Apex is better.
    Nice grip shape for my small hands.
    I use grip tape for a little more secure grip.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I shot a fullsize Glock 357 and it was comfortable to shoot so I assume the M&P fs 357 would be similar or even better

+1 on the Apex parts. I have the whole duty kit in my 9c and I love it. Very smooth!

I have a M&P 9c and was wanting to update it with Apex parts. Did you install them yourself or send it to them?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have a full size M&P 45. I love it. Trigger could be better. I just installed the Apex DCAEK kit.

What a difference. The M&P has replaced my Glock 23 as a carry gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom