• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejmunden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Hey I came across a Smith and Wesson model 629 with a 8-3/8" barrel for $425. It is in mint shape and looks to have under a 100 rds. through it. I was wondering if it was a good price. Any input helps.

Thanks
    Evan

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That is a SMOKING deal.

Seriously smoking.

Smoking so much it'd make me wonder if the gun was hot... (haha...pun intended)

It'd also make me wonder if it functioned; perhaps previous owner tinkered with it and FUBAR'd the innards.

If you know & trust the owner who has it, and he's the original... JUMP on it.

-J-

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    the 29-3 didnt have a pinned barrel like the older smiths and stainless was standard as well with a integral scope mount im not 100 percent on those last 2 lol I have a 29-2 stainless with a 8 and 3/8 barrel I love mine pretty powerful but very controllable with that long barrel I paid $700 for mine so ya thats a very good deal if you decide to get it have it checked out by a gunsmith first last thing you would want is either it being a paper weight or worse the cylinder back rotating slightly and the whole thing blowing in your face cause thats not a good day at the range . . . . . .they are old so if your gonna be throwing alot of rounds down range with it practice with 44 specials cause its less abuse of its innards and keep the standards for well when you need that extra bang

something thats fun when your friends or whoever wants try it out load 5 specials and one magnum on the last round dont tell you did that tell them its got alot of kick to it and wait for the surprise sometimes its priceless

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hey I came across a Smith and Wesson model 629 with a 8-3/8" barrel for $425. It is in mint shape and looks to have under a 100 rds. through it. I was wondering if it was a good price. Any input helps.

Thanks
    Evan

You will not find one cheaper. The best deal I got recently is I scored one off gunbroker with a 6" barrell for $450 - also mint. BUY IT!!!!!!!!!! If you pass please send me the contact info and I will buy it!

Top Bottom