• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Amidst the totally exhausting and time-consuming moving into a new house and boxes surrounding us,
    I still find time in the evening to unwind and check here and Armslist for any gun bargains.
    Found another: Smith and Wesson SD9VE w/5 factory magazines! (yes, 5 mags!)
    You know of my fascination for small guns (I did a run on Beretta tilt-up barrels lately), but as you know if I find (or recognize) a great value on a gun: I'll buy it, even if I keep it only for a few range sessions before moving to the next one.
    I found this SD9VE for $250, which I believe was underpriced, and even though it's a 15 or16 shot (much larger capacity than I normally buy), since I have a S/W in a 380, Shield 9 and Shield 45, I thought I would add it to my bevy of Smith and Wessons.

I would love to find a Smith and Wesson M&P22, but never found a price that I could live with.
    I almost bought a Ruger SR22 for $225 from someone on this site, but my research led me to look for the Walther P22 instead, or the Smith M&P22 if I can find it in my $200ish price range.
    Love to get the Ruger single action as well, but they are in the $300s and even $400s, which I can get them new for in the $400s.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    SD9VE is a nice compact sized handgun, but the trigger is very heavy. Do a lot of dry fire practice with it and it should work out fine, especially if you plan to flip it.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I've had a sw40ve for almost 10 years now. Love it. Have had 2 malfunctions both related to my reloads. The trigger is heavy. If your worried about it you can get an apex spring kit or trigger kit for pretty cheap. Easy to install also.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had a sw40ve for almost 10 years now. Love it. Have had 2 malfunctions both related to my reloads. The trigger is heavy. If your worried about it you can get an apex spring kit or trigger kit for pretty cheap. Easy to install also.

I put the Apex trigger and spring kit in my brother-in-law's SD9. Big improvement.

That's a pretty good price on a pretty good gun!

1. Not concerned at all about the trigger.
    2. The price certainly got my attention, coming with 5 magazines also.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up the gun today in the parking lot of Point Blank Gun Range in Carmel.
    It is a beauty!
    He took the slide off for me: totally clean!
    Don't have time to "play" with it, but I'm very happy about it, and can't wait to use it, and even carry with winter coming.
    When life gets "easier" and I actually have time for the range again, I'll let you know details of the joy of shooting it.

Top Bottom