• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Was looking at one of these. Who has one and how do you like it? Wouldn't mind someday getting one and putting a scope on it for bushy tails. Do you have to remove the scope for cleaning?

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    had one. liked it. didnt shoot it enough. had a red dot on the 5 inch bull barrel model
    the top half comes off without doing anything to the scope. just pull back the short bolt and push the button on the front of the trigger guard. the whole "upper" comes off.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sort of like a cantilever barrel for a shotgun, the scope stays with the upper/barrel, so is not required removal.

The .22A is a great gun. I regret getting rid of mine. For the money, they are pretty good, not Ruger good, but good enough (though a bit more ergonomic than the Rugers IMHO). One would be remissed in NOT getting a red dot for them! :D

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I think they are nice guns. i was looking at these about 6 months ago and ended up buying a browning buckmark. I liked the first one so much now I have two.

PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I've got one and love it so far. I put a cheap TruGlo reddot on it and it's pretty fun. Only thing I've found out about mine is you must shoot the plated bullets from it, ex. Federal bulk pack Wally World specials. I ran some Remington Lightnings through it and had huge problems with leading in the barrel.

Other than that the only dislikes would have to be the finish. It's kinda cheap and either flakes or scratches easily. Of course it isn't a Ruger or Browning, but it was what I could afford at the time and I'm glad I got it. So far I have around 1,500 rounds through mine with the only FTFs being with Remington Golden bullets which I think are junk!

I'll be replacing the reddot sometime in the future with one with a smaller MOA dot. The one I have now is ok and minute of squirrel accurate at about 25-30 yards, but the dot covers up way too much of the target.

Oh and one other thing. The 22a has a plastic recoil buffer that has to be replaced from time to time. They come with two or three extra in the box and you can get them from Midway. So far I haven't had to replace mine, it seems to be wearing well.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I also have one and have been very happy with it. I shot it last sunday at atlanta and it out performed most of the brownings and buckmarks in the group. It's a gun I think you will really enjoy.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I've had a 22S for 4 years now. Accurate, easy to clean, Likes the Federal Automatch, lots of fun to shoot. Every home should have at least one .22 pistol IMHO.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have a 22a and I think it's great for the money. It's generally more accurate than I am, so there isn't much need to spend more on the higher end brands. No problems with the plastic recoil buffer yet, but it's so cheap looking that I expect to have some down the road. Also, the mags are rather expensive and hard to find. Everything has it's pros and cons but I really like mine and would recommend it. :twocents:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I like mine real well. It shoots as good as my Rugers. Have put about 600 rounds through it with no issues. Just got mine back from a S and W recall. Says they replaced the slide and barrel.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I acquired a 22a recently, mostly because of this thread.. I shot it today for the first time and have never been more satisfied with the first range session with a new gun. I was starting to think I forgot how to shoot but this thing is such a natural feeling accurate pistol, I'm truly shocked.. If it does well suppressed I think the p-22 will probably go away in favor of another flavor..:yesway:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    images

Ok I have read all the threads and post about the 22a they all are older post allot if them very good, and allot of them bad. for those who loved them in 08 09 do you still like them, what have been issues, how was the customer service? Range stories? I dont need to read, one liners like "they suck" or "GET ONE!!". i want INFO:rockwoot::ar15::ingo:

Im thinking about getting one in stainless thats mint, unused 3mags and case for 100.00, I have ran the numbers and its not on the recall list, but before the recall. 96 i assume

I justify that if the pistol malfunctions I only paid 100$ for it and the repairs would be covered by S&W.

Im not planning on shopping for another 22 pistol, this deal just came to me.

???

Last edited:
    Top Bottom