• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Smith & Wesson sold out to the same government that is now fining them for bribing foreign officials. The company has a proud past but it has no honorable future.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Read this: Sell-Out Worse Than Originally Reported

The current status is different than what S&W agreed to back in the 90's but the damage was done. I would never buy a Smith & Wesson product ever again and neither would anyone else who truly champions their 2A right. A proud past but no honorable future.

Wow that article is pretty damning. Except none of that stuff seems to be happening? Did it expire or never got implemented or what?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My understanding was that the British company that owned S&W agreed to this. If true, not much you can do when your parent company gives you a dictate. Anyway, I still want a new 4" 586.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Read this: Sell-Out Worse Than Originally Reported

The current status is different than what S&W agreed to back in the 90's but the damage was done. I would never buy a Smith & Wesson product ever again and neither would anyone else who truly champions their 2A right. A proud past but no honorable future.

It's from the GOA, they have more than a tendency to exaggerate and embellish the story. Not that the GOA doesn't do a lot of good, they do, it's just that they took a card from the Anti's play book when it comes to such predictions.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    You'll be hard-pressed to find any companies or corporations these days with white glove integrity and honesty. The closest thing to integrity left in the American engine are small businesses. It's a shame we don't have more locally produced firearms.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bribes, gratuities, baksheesh, what ever you call it, it's how things get done in the third world, or chicago, jersey,albany. Just about every pest hole run by corrupt overlords works this way.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Oooh. Me too. And a CORE 9. And and air weight 38. /sigh. I guess I'm not a true 2A supporter.

Ok - better prepare to be brainwashed:

"...* Mandatory training requirements: You will not be able to buy a gun from a S&W dealer unless you have put your rights on hold for however long it takes to complete a certified training course. Hopefully, someone you know will never try to buy their first gun to protect themselves from a stalker or abusive spouse. Because now, dealers carrying S&W products cannot sell that person a self-defense gun until that person jumps through the Clinton & Wesson hoops..."

Uhhh...did this happen? (Not saying GOA doesn't know what they're talking about or anything...)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's just the way things roll in many countries. You need "bak-sheesh" to get things done in many Arabic countries. My good friend Mr. Plausible Deniability may or may not have greased some official palms in Jordan and Qatar.

Top Bottom