• ...and so much more!
  • BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    Read this: Sell-Out Worse Than Originally Reported

The current status is different than what S&W agreed to back in the 90's but the damage was done. I would never buy a Smith & Wesson product ever again and neither would anyone else who truly champions their 2A right. A proud past but no honorable future.

If they were still owned by the British Company that basically forced S&W into that deal I would agree with you but since they have been spun off and new management has more than once denounced the arrangement, I think and pro 2'er should be able to buy with a clear conscious now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Anyone who thinks that any country that operates overseas isn't "paying tribute" is a fool! It IS the way of the world, some are just smarter than others at the game! Hell, our government does it in every country in the world, but it's ok for them?

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    While I do not own any S&W products (still ticked off by their agreements with government anti 2A proposals) I wonder at the duplicity of the government actions. They give or withhold aid (BRIBES) to many countries to get them to do things our way. By the way any "Government fine" is eventually paid by the consumer (US) as the loss to the company just requires them to raise their prices to stay in business. NO PART OF THESE FINES ever is doled out to the persons or companies that sustained losses due to company "misconduct"!

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    If they were still owned by the British Company that basically forced S&W into that deal I would agree with you but since they have been spun off and new management has more than once denounced the arrangement, I think and pro 2'er should be able to buy with a clear conscious now.

Yet they still make them with a Hillary hole.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Wow, they give police forces some guns and now they're "bribing forgein governments." It seems to me these police agencies would at least want to test these new weapons before buying a million dollars worth of them.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I'm confused. Didn't Glock do the same thing with all the police agencies here in the United states? The idea of giving away guns has made them billions in sales as a result. I thought it was just called business.

Top Bottom