• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    What is everyone's take on it. I shot it Saturday for my B-Day and I absolutely love it. Great trigger pull, very comfortable, and a good size to it. What do you guys think?

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Happy birthday! I like my M&P full size (9mm), but I like the compact better. For some reason, I shoot the 9c better. I speculate, but it might be because my eyesight is such that I can get a better sight picture with the front sight being closer.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    i was very impressed with mine when i shot it. did not expect to shoot as well as i did. rapid fire with a full mag on an 8 in target at 25 yards and landed every round.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got the M&P Pro C.O.R.E for Christmas. Love it so far, but I've only had it to the range twice. Trigger is good. Eventually I plan to get an optic, threaded barrel and suppressor for it.

warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    Thank you EDC! I shot the full size 9mm, the 9c, and the shield. The shield was way to small for my hands and the trigger pull was longer than a Micheal Bay movie. The 9c was more comfortable than I originally thought it was going to be, and the full size was awesome. I shot 3 rounds out of the mag of the full size at a 10 in target at 25 yards and all three hit it. Now I know most people are more accurate than I am but hey i was able to put 3 shots on target. So that was a win for me lol

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have used M&P's since 2007 and really like mine. I have purchased 4 myself and shot a couple more and all the triggers are fine. Several people have complained and many will say you need an Apex trigger but I never found any to be bad. Maybe it's because I am an old school DA revolver guy and have used for duty DA revolvers, SIG's, Beretta and Ruger DAO's, Glocks and one or two I am probably forgetting. Out of all of them I like the M&P probably the best or second to a DA revolver. Not knocking anyone here and to each their own but the ones that complain about the triggers on M&P's or Glocks are either too picky/OCD or got a bad one. JMHO

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I shoot a modified M&P full size for 3-gun and have very few issues with it. Goes bang when it's supposed to, isn't picky with ammo, and runs just fine even when it's dirty. I really like the Apex trigger but it comes down to preference.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I got the M&P Pro C.O.R.E for Christmas. Love it so far, but I've only had it to the range twice. Trigger is good. Eventually I plan to get an optic, threaded barrel and suppressor for it.

Trust me when I say you will really like that set up. :)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Thank you EDC! I shot the full size 9mm, the 9c, and the shield. The shield was way to small for my hands and the trigger pull was longer than a Micheal Bay movie. The 9c was more comfortable than I originally thought it was going to be, and the full size was awesome. I shot 3 rounds out of the mag of the full size at a 10 in target at 25 yards and all three hit it. Now I know most people are more accurate than I am but hey i was able to put 3 shots on target. So that was a win for me lol

I own all 3. Have more rounds through the 9c and Shield than the full size as I just got the full size about a month ago and have only shot it once. So far I'm more accurate with the 9c, but the full size I bought has an APEX trigger in it which is an easier pull than what I was anticipating based on the stock triggers in my other guns.

Overall, I'm happy with the full size, I just need to get more rounds through it and re-adjust to the easier trigger so I quit pulling my shots off target.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The trigger in my CORE is good to go. As for the shield I don't mind the trigger all that much. It's a longer pull, but not THAT long. And it's fairly light. But I surely don't shoot it as well as the Walther or the CORE.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What else have you shot? If that is the only one please try and shoot a XDm, Glock, Walther PPQ, and the new HK VP-9. I'm not saying the M&P is a bad gun. It is a great gun. I had my heart set on one until I shot an XDm. I shot it much better than the M&P or the Glock.

What I'm saying is with all of the great pistols out there, try as many as you can. You will never know what you'll like better.

warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    What else have you shot? If that is the only one please try and shoot a XDm, Glock, Walther PPQ, and the new HK VP-9. I'm not saying the M&P is a bad gun. It is a great gun. I had my heart set on one until I shot an XDm. I shot it much better than the M&P or the Glock.

What I'm saying is with all of the great pistols out there, try as many as you can. You will never know what you'll like better.

I have shot multiple glocks, an XDM, 1911, a couple revolvers, and a couple other pistols (I don't remember what they were)

remington870

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Hebron
    My buddy has one that I have shot quite a bit. I love it, it is a very accurate and reliable gun. Neither of us liked the factory trigger though, and I just installed an Apex trigger for him the other day. The new trigger is much smoother, and lightens the pull to around 3.5lbs. (Factory is 5.5lbs)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Most has already been said, but I shot several striker fired guns before I settled on the FS M&P 9. I like it, but I come from shooting DA revolvers single action and then 1911's. So....I am not so crazy about the trigger feel and I am trying to warm up to it.

I am keeping it mostly because I feel like I need to own at least one higher capacity pistol.

Top Bottom